Today’s post is a collaboration with StyledWithJoy! We both received the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer a couple of months ago. As we’re both in North America (her in the US, me in Canada), neither of us have direct access to this cult beauty item which is exclusive to shops in the UK. Luckily for us, we finally got our grubby hands on this from our respective fairy godmothers (her sister in her case, and through my lovely swapper Nicola, in my case).
Printed on the tube:
• Conceals flaws and blemishes up to 16 hours.
• Use with Lasting Perfection Foundation and Powder for the ultimate in long lasting wear
• Developed in UK, Made in China
• 12 month lifespan once opened
This concealer has been much raved about in the beauty community – the first I ever heard of it was from the Pixiwoos (when the brand was still called “Collection 2000”), and basically everyone else chimed in on their positive reviews too. Essentially, all the comments were about how pigmented the concealer was, how it did not crease, and how inexpensive it was – the quintessential drugstore (or “high street” in UK speak) find. Does it live up to the hype? I have to say, after using this concealer for a month, I found the claims to be true!
The shade I chose – #3 Warm Medium – turned out to be a bit too dark for me (no fault of Nicola’s! I specifically requested this colour). The concealer is available in 4 shades: Fair, Cool Medium, Warm Medium and Dark. I suspect the Fair would be too light for me on its own anyway.
So I have to mix the Warm Medium with a lighter highlighting pen to get a suitable shade – I typically use the No Dark Shadows Complexion Enhancer in Wow, which creates a decent match with a slight salmon-y undertone – perfect for cancelling out dark circles:
I’m NC20-25-ish in MAC
Since I have a few other concealers that are high coverage, I thought I’d do a comparison:
Comparisons L to R:
• MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
• Maybelline Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Medium 130*
• Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in #3 Warm Medium
• Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Medium**
• Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand
• Mary Kay Concealer in Beige 2
• Physician’s Formula Conceal RX in Natural Light
* Maybelline Eraser in Medium is too dark for me as well, I have to mix this with the corresponding Neutralizer shade to get my match
** Upon swatching this, I realized my tube has separated so this isn’t the normal consistency of this product, it’s usually much thicker and more opaque in coverage
I would say the coverage and performance is most similar to the Maybelline Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer – both of which can have a tendency to look dry if not prepped properly. I personally really like the high coverage for my dark under eye circles – I just have to make sure the eye area is moisturized and primed. I have used this around my nose to cover redness which works quite well too.
• crease resistant (but still needs a setting powder)
• long wearing
• limited colour range
• tendency to look dry by end of day
Stash worthiness: 8/10
These are my opinions of this concealer – please check out StyledWithJoy’s post for her thoughts! 🙂 Have you tried this concealer?