I’m a very light packer when it comes to makeup during vacation. I’ve learned over the years that I end up not using at least half of what I pack when I give myself too many options. While on holidays, I essentially stick to one makeup look. Here’s my makeup menu for the next 2 weeks:
• Shiseido Sheer & Perfect Foundation in O20 – I debated about which foundation to bring (the Vincent Long Water Canvas was a contender) and this one ultimately won out because it contains SPF, wears well, and can be applied with fingers.
• Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer in #2 Light Medium – I also debated about which concealer(s) to bring. At first I was going to bring a separate one for under eye and another for general face concealing. This one is a good all-around concealer – I don’t love it for under eyes but it’s workable. Unfortunately, I think this concealer is discontinued.
• MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 – I compromised by bringing a concealing pencil – I like this concealer pencil for pinpoint concealing and it’s handy for highlighting the brow area or inner eye.
• Shiseido UV Protective Compact Foundation SPF 36 – I’m militant when it come to sunscreen while travelling. We’ll be spending a lot more time outdoors than we normally do so I’m making sure to pile on the SPF whenever possible. And yup, that’s a sliver of pan showing!
• Tarte Tartelette Tease Palette – I went back and forth whether I’d take this or the Smashbox trio I picked up during Boxing week clearance, but in the end this won out simply because of the amount of colour combinations I can get out of this. If I was only going for one week, I would have gone with the Smashbox.
• Sana Super Quick Matte Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown – I bought this off eBay and it’s been a staple in my makeup routine. It creates a super fine line on the upper lash line, and the brown colour is very natural looking
• MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliner pencil in 24L Taupe – my go to lower lash line pencil, it provides just a hint of colour. I keep a sharpener (the pink thing) on the end so I’m never without a sharpener.
• Shu Uemura brow:sword in Acorn – the Swiss Army knife of brow products! This houses not only the pencil but also the spoolie and sharpener (review here)
• Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer (review here) – I can’t live without my mascara primer!
• CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara – I love this mascara especially for travelling – it provides good definition but best of all, I don’t need a lash comb with this. Truth in advertising: absolutely no clumps with this mascara.
• Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in 48 Cendre de Rose Brun – these blushes are perfect for travel – they’re tiny and even include a mirror (they do come with a brush but it’s useless)
Tools / Misc:
• Concealer brush – random brand
Listing everything out it seems like a lot, but it’s not! They all fit into this compact Smashbox roll-up case:
And, I rationalize that if I find myself missing anything, I can always go shopping for makeup! 😉 What kind of a packer are you – do you bring 3 palettes and 10 lipsticks for a one week vacation? 😛