It’s officially summer today! So this is your annual reminder to wear your sunscreen every single day! Let’s have a look at 2 facial sunscreens that I’m currently enjoying:
• Allie UV Mineral Moist NEO SPF 50+ PA++++
• Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint in Light
We’ve been experiencing one of the hottest summers on record here in Toronto! Summertime skin for me, means: protection, hydration and oil control. Here are the items that I’ve been using to help my skin battle the summer heat:
I’ll do mini reviews on each of these since some of them are fairly recent acquisitions.
Happy Summer Solstice! Aka the longest day of the year, aka official first day of summer. And I want to remind everyone to wear their sunscreen today, and every day! 🙂
If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ll know what I’m an advocate of sunscreen. No other anti-aging skincare is as effective as sunscreen.
There are 2 general categories of sunscreens: 1) chemical and 2) physical (or sometimes referred to as mineral). I personally prefer physical sunscreen (combinations of titanium dioxide [TiO2] and zinc oxide [ZnO]), for a number of reasons:
• much more photostable than chemical sunscreens
• less likely to cause skin reactions
• combined, TiO2 and ZnO covers the entire spectrum of UVB and UVA rays (and you want to protect well against both: UVB causes sunburns but UVA causes aging)