I’ve collected 6 MAC items to return to MAC! They’re not all empties – most of them are expired products or items that just didn’t work for me.
For those of you may not be familiar with the program, this is what MAC’s site states:
Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back To M·A·C Program. By returning six (6) M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics Online, you will receive a free M·A·C lipstick of your choice as a thank you.
Since 100% of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipsticks and Lipglass is provided to organizations that help people living with HIV/AIDS, these are excluded from this program.
I thought I’d show you what I’m returning to MAC and then you can help me decide what to select as my free lipstick!
This will be kind of an empties / purge post too.
1) Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC30 – I like this powder foundation for the summer months because it is quite mattifying and easy to use. This particular compact is not finished but has hardened over time – I’ve had to scrape off the hardened top layer to use it. It’s just too old to continue using on my face and I noticed there’s a smell to it now that isn’t typical of this powder.
2) Blot Powder Pressed in Medium – one of my all time favourite translucent powders. It gets the job done without adding a powdery finish on the skin. The writing on the sticker has completely rubbed off on this since I carried it in my purse. I’ve used up many of these compacts!
3) Prep+Prime BB Beauty Balm Compact SPF30 in Light Plus – I had never owned a BB cream in compact form before so I was excited to try MAC’s version. Unfortunately, I found this to look mask-like on my skin – I tried applying it with my fingers, a sponge, a brush… but I just couldn’t make it work. And, it broke me out. The compact for this is really pretty – it has micro shimmer embedded in the plastic that glistens in the light.
4) Paint Pot in Soft Ochre – I’ve owned this for close to 7 years and it’s just too dried out to wear on my lids anymore – the dryness of this makes my lids look crepey now. It’s a great base for powder eye shadow. I’ve got a bunch of other Paint Pots to use up first but I would definitely repurchase this colour.
5) In Extreme Dimension Lash mascara in Black Extreme – this came as part of the Holiday kit from 2013. It looked promising based on the wand design – a silicone wand with short bristles. But too much product comes out of the tube – it’s as if the stopper inside the tube isn’t small enough to wipe off the wand. The formula is also clumpy and flakey and smudgey – all the things that I dislike in a mascara! Unfortunately I received 2 of these.
6) Greasepaint Stick in French Quarter – a limited edition item from the Venomous Villains collection in 2010. It’s a beautiful blackened taupe with bronze shimmer, but it has completely dried out. The formula wasn’t my favourite either – it was difficult to blend. There’s a handy built-in sharpener at the end of the pencil.
Onto the Back to MAC selection! Also, please note that freestanding stores will give you the option of choosing a free eye shadow instead of a free lipstick – I’ve only ever redeemed for eye shadows before.
I have on my wish list, the following lipsticks:
Brave (satin) – pink-beige with white pearl
Crosswires (cremesheen) – clean pinky orange
Fanfare (cremesheen) – mid-tone yellow pink
Party Line (cremesheen) – red-toned plum
Plumful (lustre) – blossoming rose-plum
See Sheer (lustre) – grapefruit pink
Which one should I redeem for? 🙂 Do you own any of these?
Have you ever Back to MAC before? What have you redeemed for?