Even though I decided to do a shortened Blogmas this year, I was quite challenged as to what topics to write about, since last year’s Blogmas pretty much covered all the major Christmassy topics like Christmas music, movies, gift ideas, etc. So I was excited when I spotted this tag on The Life of Kristyn blog. 😀 Problem solved! Well, for one day at least…
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skincare routine?
I’ve been NICE! I always wash my face before bed (ahem, A!). I wear sunscreen. I exfoliate.
I even did IPL this year. So I’ve been GOOD! 😀
2. What’s the go-to beauty, makeup, or skincare product you would gift to your family and friends?
It’s so difficult to pick beauty products for other people but I do tend to stick to what I know best. So if I love something, I’ll buy the identical thing for someone else because I can vouch for it.
So usually those would be eye shadows and blushes! 😛 I have given Burberry cosmetics as gifts since the packaging is so impressive and they are great quality.
3. Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather gift drugstore products to others?
I would prefer to give mid- to high- end products since they have such pretty packaging. (see above!) I figured drugstore products can be bought at any time, and are often on sale, so higher end stuff from Sephora or department stores are more special.
4. What are the beauty products you’re hoping to get to see under your Christmas tree this year?
Every year we have to provide wish lists to the family and this year I asked for Zoeva brushes, a MAC brow brush, and soaps / lotions from Bath & Body Works and the Body Shop. The bath products are always on my wish list since they’re “safe” items for anyone to buy! 😛
5. What is the beauty product that you’re dreading to receive for Christmas this year?
I’m very specific when I ask for bath products when it comes to the scents. I prefer fruity, sweet or floral smells but I hate anything musky. But sometimes people don’t pay attention and I have in the past received some truly headache inducing scented bath products! The worst culprit was Bath & Body Works Mahogany Woods shower gel and body lotion – it’s for men but both my SO and I hate it and we’ve received it 2 years running now. 😦
6. Are you participating in Blogmas this year? If so what is the post you’re most proud of so far?
This is my first Blogmas post this year! So this post is my favourite so far! 😆
7. Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a Christmas gift? What was it and did you enjoy it?
I honestly can’t remember the first beauty products I received as a Christmas gift! I did remember getting an Avon set when I was a teenager – it may have been the first! Nothing as impressive as the set shown here but it allowed me to experiment with different colours and application techniques. I felt so grown up!
8. What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking stuffer?
I think a mini palette would make a fabulous stocking stuff and the one I recommend is the Tartelette Tease (Reviewed here).
9. Would you rather your friends and family ask you gifts you wanted to receive or have them surprise you?
I like to do a mixture. What we do is provide a wish list that is about 10 items long, but with the expectation of only buying 1 or 2 items off that list. So it’s kind of a surprise but a controlled surprise, ya know? 😉
10. What is your favorite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit?
Makup-wise, I add something sparkly on the eyes, and a bit of a stronger lip. Clothing-wise, I will add a pop of red to my staple of black and grey head to toe outfits! Last week, I wore a red sweater that was quite festive of me! 😛
I’ll still be linking to my blogmas posts from last year!
Blogmas Day 15: Christmas Recipes aka I Built a Minions Gingerbread House!
I missed posting this one last week which is a shame because of the masterpiece that I created! 😆
Blogmas Day 19: Stocking Stuffers
And here are more ideas to answer Question #8 above!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Babes in Blogland (lite) for their Blogmas posts:
♥ Kaily of Hello Kaily
♥ Sharon of Hey Sharonoox