Hey! I’m back. 🙂 Just in time for the Sephora sale. In a way, this is a bit of a cheat post since it was much easier to prepare than a review – ease my way back into blogging, right? 😉 If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I was on vacation for a portion of my time away from the blog. Here are some more of what I did in the past month:
View this post on Instagram
Moraine Lake is seriously stunning. ❤️That teal colour of the water is from sediments – photos don't even do it justice. 😍 Check out my IG Stories for videos and more! #nofilter #morainelake #banff #alberta #canada #vacation #lakes #canadianrockies #travelalberta #stashmatters
• Visited some cities in Alberta (Calgary, Banff / Canmore, Jasper and Edmonton) – the Canadian Rockies are truly incredible and I highly a recommend visit! ❤
• Attended my first “by invite only” L’Oreal warehouse sale – don’t get excited, since I was on a No-Buy I didn’t get makeup, but my friend went nuts for the $1 nail polishes. I got several bars of Kiehl’s Coriander exfoliating soaps which were limited edition from Christmas – yay! (Kiehl’s Coriander is one of my all time favourite scents) The most interesting part of attending the sale was seeing all of the brands that L’Oreal owns (besides L’Oreal): Maybelline, Essie, NYX, Lancôme, Shu Uemura, Urban Decay, YSL, Givenchy…
• Went to Canada’s Wonderland (amusement park) to ride the roller coasters – our favourite rides were Leviathan and Behemoth. Fall is the perfect time to visit since it wasn’t too hot and the line-ups weren’t long.
• Donated blood – it’s been years since I last donated because I almost fainted the last time. This time, everything went smoothly, although I did develop a large bruise that’s the width of my arm afterward.
• Cleared out old mementos, photos, clothes – just stuff – from our storage locker – there were some hilarious gems… ah memories 😀 We’re doing some significant refurnishing soon so we need to make room – new couch, dining room table / chairs, shelves for the spare bedroom, etc.
• Finally finished the entire series of the Sopranos. It took us about 10 months to get through all 6 seasons (more like 7 seasons since season 6 was split into part 1 and 2). I’m not a fan of this show – I did not like the characters and the story line was only mildly interesting. I was so happy to be done with this show. Guess what? Now we can order Netflix! 😀 😀 😀
It feels great to be typing up a blog post again. At this point, I can’t promise that I’ll be posting as frequently as I was previously, but I’ll try my best! 🙂
Onward to the Sephora VIB Fall sale!
The early access for VIB Rouge will be November 3rd – tomorrow – until the 6th, with 20% discount off the whole store (use code 20FORROUGE online). The sale will then be available to VIB (20%) and BI (15%) as well, between Nov 10th to 15th. I didn’t receive a notification card in the mail this time around but I did just receive a “save the date” email last night (and I’m not alone, online chatter seems to indicate that Sephora is sending the cards out randomly). I’m officially off my No-Buy now and normally I go nuts at this sale because it’s the highest discount offered at Sephora (the Spring sale is 15% off only), but I’ve decided that I really, truly do not need or want any more makeup! So, I’m focusing mostly on replenishing items, and only buying one key piece.
100% Likelihood I’ll buy these:
Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Fresh Vanilla Lemon – $17
I get one of these every sale. I was worried last time that Sephora wasn’t going to carry this anymore but it seems like they’re back in stock and with more scents.
Clinique Purifying Cleansing Brush Head Refill – $34
I got the Clinique cleansing brush back in July and I’ve been using it almost daily in the shower in the mornings. I’m really enjoying it – provides a gentle exfoliation and lots of lather for my face wash. I figured it’s time to change out the brush head but at $34 each, it’s even more expensive than the Clarisonic replacement brush heads!
Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush – $125
I’m finally going to bite the bullet and get one of the Surratt brushes! The face powder brush is $250 so I’m going to get the cheek one for now. 😛
Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer – $26
I’m in the market for a new eye shadow primer since my Nars Pro Prime one is almost finished. The Nars one performs well but I dislike the wand applicator. This one is showing as out of stock right now so I might have to opt for another brand – any recommendations?
That’s it. 😮 Is there something wrong with me? But, as is with tradition, I’m going to list some “maybes”:
25% Likelihood I’ll buy these:
Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Rougeur – $35
This shade has been on my wish list for ages and I just saw that it’s finally back in stock! Tempting…
Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer – $37
I’ve been eyeing this but I have too many concealers to use up first.
Make Up For Ever Lustrous Blush Palette – $178
This is a brand spanking new release but it enticed me so much. Just look at this beast of a blush palette! There are 12 shades with 5g each! It has a value of $400. I could throw out all my blushes and just keep this! (as if, LOL 😆 )
I didn’t even list a 50% likelihood section because I am fairly certain that I won’t be buying any of these items. 😛
What about you? What have you been up to? Will you be getting anything during the Sephora Fall sale?