I haven’t done a tag / award in ages! I’m so backlogged but I’m going to do one of the more recent ones I’ve been nominated for by StyledWithJoy, the Beauty Blogger Award. Thanks girl, told you I’d do it soon. 😉
The Beauty Blogger Award Rules:
1) State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
2) Answer the questions you were given.
3) Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
4) Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5) Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
Styled with Joy’s Questions:
1. Quick! You have 5 minutes to get ready. Describe the makeup look you’d do.
With 5 minutes, I can do concealer, quick coat of mascara (no curling!) and pencil in my brows. That’s it.
2. Would you rather wear skinny jeans or short shorts for the rest of your life?
3. All time favorite mascara?
I’ll name one that’s not discontinued: CoverGirl LashBlast Volume
4. What do you think of the new trend, strobing?
At first I was like, oh ok, it’s just like highlighting, but maybe a bit more intense?
Then after the 100th time I read about it, there’s NOTHING different between strobing and highlighting, it’s just a gimmick. So STROBING YOU CAN GO SUCK A POUND OF BUTTER! I’m not sure who the “mastermind” was behind this trend, but he / she needs a kick to the throat. And that’s what I think about the new trend, strobing. 🙂
5. Eye Primer or MAC Paint Pot?
Both! I have to use both an eye primer and MAC Paint Pot to keen my eye shadows from creasing / fading. Right now I’m using Prestige Primed & Ready (very good) and one of my favourite MAC Paint Pots is Groundwork.
7. Floppy hat or beanie?
Beanie. Floppy hat is so try-hard. What about a fringed kimono + floppy hat:
My life is complete.
8. Holy grail perfume?
I guess my “signature” scent is Chloe, the original one. I get more compliments when I wear that than anything else.
9. Must have Orange lipstick?
“Must have” and “Orange lipstick” aren’t words that go together in my world. Joy, I know you’re just looking for ideas for your total domination of the colour orange. So I’ll just name an orange lip item I own: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti.
10. Holy grail lip balm?
Dr. Hauschka Lip Care Stick
• Puddles of Avni
• The Life of Kristyn
• Infinitely Awkward Beauty
• R Cubed
• A Beautiful Whim
• Glam Necessities
• Valentina Sofia
• The Pretty Pomegranate
1. How do you do your eyebrows?
2. Name a lipstick that you can apply without a mirror.
3. When you wear makeup, do you typically play up your eyes or your lips?
4. Are you a fan of the hair style where one side is shaved?
5. What’s your favourite liquid eye liner?
6. When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes?
7. Your best tip for keeping your makeup from melting off in the summer heat?
8. Preferred nail shape: square, pointed, rounded or squoval?
9. Lipgloss or lipstick?
10. What was the last makeup related present you received?