Today marks my 250 Days of No-Buy! 😀
Fun fact: As a Mandarin slang term, the number “250” (二百五 èrbǎiwǔ) is an insult meaning “stupid person” or “simpleton”. 😕
I was nominated sextuply (yes that’s the word) recently for the Blogger Recognition Award – first by Katie of Plus+Beauty, secondly by Chris of fivezero, thirdly by Janella of Skin Diary, fourthly by Joy of StyledWithJoy, fifthly by Chic and Polished, and finally by Polished and Inspired! 😀
I saw this Tag a while back on The Life of Kristyn – just goes to show how I much of a procrastinator I am, since I’m finally posting it more than 3 months later! 😛
1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
Pluck my eyebrows. But it isn’t from laziness, it’s from the lack of need… or hairs. My eyebrows are naturally quite sparse so I actually never went through that phase where I over-plucked them and they never grew back properly like everyone else did. I did walk around looking like an alien for years before my esthetician friend finally held me down and drew brows on me. Now I can’t imagine going out without doing my brows! As for plucking, I probably pluck the odd stray hair maybe once a month.
I haven’t done a tag / award in ages! I’m so backlogged but I’m going to do one of the more recent ones I’ve been nominated for by StyledWithJoy, the Beauty Blogger Award. Thanks girl, told you I’d do it soon. 😉
The Beauty Blogger Award Rules:
1) State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
2) Answer the questions you were given.
3) Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
4) Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5) Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
I was triple nominated recently for the Real Neat Blog Award! 😀
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
I was tagged by the lovely Ryane Zamora Beauty to do this. Little did she know that I secretly was going to do this tag even if no one tagged me (but now I look like I have friends, and I’m cool. Yeah.) I’ve seen this tag called “Get to Know Me Tag” but Ryane called it the “Beauty Blogger Tag”, but I didn’t want to confuse it with the “Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Tag“, so uh I’m just going to mesh the two titles.
Keep reading for my answers to the 31 questions
I was double tagged by Joy of Styled with Joy and Crystal of nerdylibrariangirl for this award mash-up! Both blogs are my must-reads and they’ve provided lots of support on my blog! Thank you very much!
Premio Dardos is Spanish for “Prize Darts” and is an award in recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values that are transmitted in the form of original and creative writing.
1. When you accept the award, post it on your blog along with the name of the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog.
2. Include the image of the award in your post.
3. Pass it on to 15 other bloggers worthy of this acknowledgement.
Versatile Award actually has an official WordPress page which outlines the award, neat-o.
1. Show the award on your blog
2. Thank the person that nominated you
3. Share 7 facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 blogs
5. Link to their blogs and tell them they’ve been nominated
I was triple tagged for this award by Bree of Always, Bree, Joy of Styled with Joy and Sam of Glam with Sam! So honoured to have such lovely ladies nominate me for this one! If you live under a rock and have never visited their blogs, get thee to their blogs, pronto! Go ahead, I’ll wait.
Ok, you’re back? Onto the nominees.
• Display the Award logo on your blog.
• Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
• Nominate 7 other bloggers and say a little something about them.
• Let them know they have been nominated.
I was nominated by Sandy of Lippie Obsession and Gwen of Gwenan Carter for the Infinity Dreams Award! Huzzah! Sandy always has great FOTD and useful reviews on her blog, and Gwen is a mommy to cutie Jacob, balancing mommy topics and beauty stuff on her blog. Go check them both out if you haven’t already!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
I’m going to partially combine the 2 nominations and just state 11 facts about me since I think I’m running out of remotely interesting things to say about myself at this point… I am struggling with coming up with 11, let alone 22! I’ll do the 11 Facts at the end just in case I duplicate a question response with a fact.
Meredith from Shadow & Sugar nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award, which is another tag type of post going around, and I’m more than happy to accept! Thank you Meredith, I’ve enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you better!
The rules of the award are:
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify them via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass on the rules
The idea to create this Tag came out of a discussion with StyledWithJoy in the comments section of one of my posts a couple of weeks ago. We’re both on a No Buy for 2015, and we decided we needed a place to commiserate. If you’re on a No Buy or a Lo Buy, please join us in answering these co-authored tag questions – it’s cathartic!
1. When did you start your No Buy / Lo Buy? How long is your No Buy / Lo Buy going to last?
2. Why did you decide to go on a No Buy / Lo Buy?
3. Have you ever attempted a No Buy / Lo Buy before? If so, how did it go?
4. What do you hope to achieve with your No Buy / Lo Buy?
5. What product(s) have you hit pan on since starting the Makeup No Buy?
6. Do you have more empties because of it? What product do you miss the most?
7. Do you think you can survive the ban from makeup?
8. What is the one product you envy right now but can’t get? For eyes? For lips? And for face?
9. Have you cheated and bought something already?
10. After your No Buy / Lo Buy, are you planning a big haul? What are you going to buy?
Keep reading for my anaswers