Today marks my 250 Days of No-Buy! 😀
Fun fact: As a Mandarin slang term, the number “250” (二百五 èrbǎiwǔ) is an insult meaning “stupid person” or “simpleton”. 😕
I was nominated sextuply (yes that’s the word) recently for the Blogger Recognition Award – first by Katie of Plus+Beauty, secondly by Chris of fivezero, thirdly by Janella of Skin Diary, fourthly by Joy of StyledWithJoy, fifthly by Chic and Polished, and finally by Polished and Inspired! 😀
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
- Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
Why I started a blog:
It should be pretty self evident by now – I started this blog to distract myself from the challenge of my yearlong No-Buy! 😛
My SO and friends also encouraged me to start a blog since I seem to enjoy sharing information about skincare and makeup. I also wanted to flex my writing muscles as well as have an outlet for creative pursuits like photography and digital illustrations.
Tips: Ask yourself, do you enjoy receiving likes on your blog entry? Do you get a tinge of excitement when a new comment is posted? Of course you do. Well, so does everyone else. It’s nice to give and to receive – don’t be selfish with blog participation. Don’t just reply to your own blog comments, go and actually read other people’s blogs and participate there.
And don’t compare yourself! It’s difficult to avoid this, but blogging is not a numbers game. I really enjoy the qualitative things about blogging – the kinds of people I get to interact with, the information I learn, the beautiful photos shown – these to me, are most important.
A few more practical tips:
- Jot down any blog ideas that pops up as soon as you think of them onto your phone or in a notebook, sometimes those fleeting ideas are the best ones
- Keep a few “back pocket” type posts in your draft folder for when inspiration just doesn’t come – they can tide you over until the blockage clears
- Create monthly recurring posts like Empties or Favourites – this will automatically fill in content for your blog
• Infinitely Awkward
• Girl ’bout town
• Sharon Beauty Prime
• Hello Kaily
• Doves and Roses
• Gymbag Makeup
• Beauty as I Know It
• Just Jay Beauty
• Glam Necessities
• A Girl with Pink Cheeks
• Chic and Polished
• Classic Maggie
• R Cubed
• A Brash Attitude
• Skincare Dreams Come True
• In the Love and Hate of Beauty
• curly haired messy mane
• Helpless Whilst Drying
• Glamour Vortex
• Glam With Sam
• As Always Nicole
• Bea Cassidy
• Styled by Lauren
I probably don’t say it enough, but thanks to everyone who visit and comment on my blog. I know that we all lead busy lives, but I’m happy you stopped by for a little chat in this little corner of the internet. 🙂