I was nominated by Sandy of Lippie Obsession and Gwen of Gwenan Carter for the Infinity Dreams Award! Huzzah! Sandy always has great FOTD and useful reviews on her blog, and Gwen is a mommy to cutie Jacob, balancing mommy topics and beauty stuff on her blog. Go check them both out if you haven’t already!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
I’m going to partially combine the 2 nominations and just state 11 facts about me since I think I’m running out of remotely interesting things to say about myself at this point… I am struggling with coming up with 11, let alone 22! I’ll do the 11 Facts at the end just in case I duplicate a question response with a fact.
1. If you met a genie, what would your three wishes be?
End wars. Cancel all developing nations’ debt. Invent teleportation.
2. What are you afraid of?
My loved ones dying before me.
3. What was the last movie you saw and did you like it?
I haven’t watched new releases in a while but the last movie I saw on TV was “Inside Man” with Clive Owen and Denzel Washington. Love that movie!
4. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
I loved so many, but Smurfs was probably my favourite. And no, I haven’t watched the new Smurf movies, I don’t want my childhood ruined.
5. What’s your current favorite foundation and mascara?
Shiseido Sheer and Perfect Foundation and L’Oreal Bare Naturale mascara – I have reviews on both.
6. Are there any foods you don’t like?
Yes, I hate celery. It tastes like B.O. I call them B.O. sticks.
7. What are your pet peeves?
I had this question before and I answered “When people don’t hold doors for the person behind” so I’ll give another one: When people chew with their mouths open!
8. What do you have the most of in your makeup collection? (shadows, lipsticks, blushes, etc.)
Easy: eye shadows! I have over 600.
9. Do you like scary movies?
No, I have an overactive imagination and I often scare myself silly. The worst one was The Ring. I couldn’t look into a blank TV screen for years afterward.
10. Do you believe in ghosts/aliens?
No. I think most of the time, it’s people’s overactive imaginations that cause these “sightings”.
11. Do you have any beauty subscriptions, and if so what are your thoughts on them?
Nope, I don’t. I like the idea of them but I know I would just accumulate more stuff I won’t use.
1. What shop do you go to to just browse?
Well, since I’m on a year long No-Buy, basically EVERY store I go in to just browse!
2. If you could go on a free shopping spree, what shop would you choose?
I’d have to be cliché and say Sephora.
3. What is your drink of choice?
I don’t really drink alcoholic beverages, so my drink of choice would be San Pellegrino Chinotto, which is similar to Brio.
4. Who would you love to see in concert?
I’ll use this space to promote Canadian band Walk Off the Earth. They gained internet fame with their “5 Peeps 1 Guitar” cover of Gotye’s Somebody I Used to Know. They do a lot of covers but their original stuff is pretty good too, I like “Red Hands“. Based on their YouTube channel antics, I bet they would be awesome to see live in concert.
5. What is your Starbucks drink of choice?
Tall Skinny Mocha, no whip
6. Are you a city or town kinda person?
7. Are you a dog or a cat person?
8. What is your favorite book series?
I don’t really read book series any more, but if I reach far back into my adolescent years, I would say Sweet Valley High. Any SVH fans out there?
9. Savory or sweet?
10. Do you have a family tradition?
Nope, not that I can think of. We always ate dinner together every night, no matter what. Does that count?
11 Facts About Me
1. I really dislike surprises. I often read movie spoilers just because I can’t stand not knowing how something ends.
2. Every place I visit, I have to go to their local aquarium if they have one. My favourites so far are Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium and Boston’s New England Aquarium.
3. I hoard gift cards – I’m always saving them for a rainy day. I’ve had gift cards expire on me (before when that used to be allowed) so they went wasted!
4. My favourite chocolate bar is Coffee Crisp.
5. I am more than happy to eat the same thing every day. In fact, I eat oatmeal almost every single morning andI’m not bored of it.
6. I sleep talk which my bf finds hilarious so he engages in conversations with me. Once he asked if I took the dog out (we don’t have a dog) and I answered yes.
7. I’m a Cancer in the zodiac and I suppose it fits me – I am a homebody and can be moody.
8. I had my appendix removed when I was 11 years old. Apparently it had burst so I had to spend a week in hospital.
9. Speaking of hospitals, I’ve been put under general anesthesia 3 times in my life, all before I was 16. Once for the appendicitis, anther time to remove my wisdom teeth (I had to go to hospital to get my teeth pulled, I still find this so odd), and then once for a wrist surgery.
10. I don’t do any of the cooking. My bf loves to meal plan and cook so it all works out – I do the washing up.
11. I developed seasonal allergies in adulthood. I’m only bringing this up because I think allergy season is starting… time to bust out the Reactine.
My Questions and Nominations
I’m going to try my hardest to not nominate bloggers who have already received this award. And if I somehow repeat the nomination, I apologize. It’s entirely up to you if you want to answer the questions.
- Tell me about your favourite pair of shoes.
- What kind of camera do you have?
- What’s your zodiac sign?
- What is / was your worst or least favourite subject in school?
- What is your favourite flower / plant?
- Are you superstitious?
- What is your favourite candy?
- Show me a YouTube video that you like (it could be beauty related, or a funny / cute one – anything!)
- What are your favourite baby boy / girl names?
- What do you typically wear to bed?
- Do you play any sports?
• Perpetual Project
• Shadow & Sugar
• Trying Everything Once
• Christy Chan
• Beauty As I Know It
• Madeleine Loves
• Let me try this for you
• Tiffany Leeblog
• They Couldn’t Be Spies