I was triple nominated recently for the Real Neat Blog Award! 😀
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Firstly, I was nominated by Rosalyn of Filipino Inside Out – if you haven’t seen her blog, go check it out, she’s got a very positive outlook on life and posts about all sorts of beauty and lifestyle topics.
1) What is your most favorite gift that you received when you were a kid?
The Loving You Barbie doll! I still remember it like it was yesterday – I was so happy because it was my first ever Barbie doll!
2) Do you have a best friend?
My boyfriend is my best friend! 🙂 (I hope he never reads that lol)
3) Were you a “popular” kid at school?
In high school I was fairly popular, I guess mainly because at our school, the nerdy / academic kids were the popular kids. I went to a specialized school where academia was highly valued along with the arts, so I was into all sort of clubs and extracurricular activities.
4) How many times do you wash your hair?
I’m assuming per week? I wash my hair daily during the work week, and then I try to skip either Saturday or Sunday – so I wash it 6 times per week in total.
5) Who is your favorite singer?
Tough to answer – I typically like specific songs and not a particular singer. I guess if I had to choose one, I would say I really like Pink and the messages in her songs.
6) Have you ever done karaoke?
Oh yes, but only while inebriated. 😉
7) Have you even had a fight in school or in life ever?
Yes, actually, I have been in a physical fight in middle school. I was defending my then best friend’s honour! A nasty girl was making fun of her and making her cry. I was so lucky that the fight happened in a class where the teacher really liked me. He kept me from going to the principal’s office and possibility of being suspended! I was the talk of the class because I had ripped that nasty girl’s shirt and broke her glasses. 😀 (I have since learned self control and to talk through conflicts, don’t worry!)
1. What’s your favourite post on your blog that you’ve written so far?
I answered this question a while back when I only had less than 40 blog posts, and now I’m at nearly double that amount. I would say that a recent favourite would be my eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm collection post.
2. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Resilient, inquisitive, resourceful, thoughtful, dependable
3. What inspired you to start a blog?
A way to keep myself accountable while I do my yearlong No-Buy, and also as a distraction from shopping.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I shared this not long ago, but essentially, I dreamed it up one night. The name encompasses what I’m trying to blog about – all matters relating to my stash. As well, it has the double meaning that my stash, it matters, ie. shop my stash rather than buying new products. 😉
5. Have you ever done a challenge on your blog? If yes, what was it? If no, what challenge do you want to do? (e.g. photo a day challenge, blog everyday in *insert month here*)
Not exactly a challenge, but StyledWithJoy and I came up with The No Buy / Lo Buy Tag! If you’re interested in doing the Tag, feel free to post it on your blog with a link back and let us know when you do it!
6. What is the closest thing to you that is BLUE?
Marge Simpson’s hair on my Simpson’s Lego figurine.
7. What are you currently eating or drinking?
Nadda. I’m not allowed to be eating or drinking while using my laptop. This is my own personal rule since I’m clumsy and will likely ruin my laptop if such a rule was not in place.
Thirdly, Rhia of R Cubed nominated me most recently – her blog is fairly new to me and while it’s got some beauty topic sprinkled throughout, I love the fact that she posts about geeky stuff like Studio Ghibli and Hello Kitty Food trucks! She asked me the following questions:
1. What is the inspiration behind your blog?
Answered above. In addition, my friends thought I might have insights into makeup / skincare that would be helpful to post on a blog.
2. If you were given the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Peru. It’s been on our list as place to visit for years (we even bought a guide book already), however, we have some reservations due to how undeveloped it is and we don’t want to take a risk. I really want to visit Machu Picchu as well as check out the local markets for yarn and textiles!
3. What is your favorite food?
Sushi. Specifically Sake (salmon) Nigiri.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars? (Or if neither, your favorite geek franchise, if any? i.e. Dr. Who, Harry Potter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc.)
I contemplated this question for longer than one would expect! On one hand, Star Trek was a pervasive presence in my childhood, with weekly episodes of the Original (reruns), Next Generation, DS9, Voyager… it brought us iconic characters like Spock (RIP Leonard Nimoy), Captian Picard, Data. It gave us phrases like “Live long and prosper” (you were doing the hand salute, weren’t you) or “Beam me up Scotty”. However, Star Wars was this epic, grand scale universe that’s in all of our collective consciousness. I mean, who doesn’t know Yoda, or Ewoks, or R2D2, or the phrase, “Luke, I am your father”? I’m so torn. So I’m going to have to go with BOTH! Here’s a funny picture to distract you:
5. When was the last time you saw a movie, and what was it?
I haven’t been to the theatre in a while but the last movie I watched at home was Guardians of the Galaxy which was TMN. I watched it originally at the theatre when it was first released and have been waiting eagerly for it to be on tv so I could rewatch it. The second (and third) viewing was just as good!
6. Is there a blog that you visit regularly that you would recommend to me?
Well it seems that my circle of WordPress people all know each other, so how about a non-Wordpress one? I really like Allura Beauty for her swatches and reviews. She also has a YouTube channel but she first started out as a blogger.
7. What beauty product do you never leave home without?
The typical answer: lip balm. I seriously cannot stand having chapped lips. My favourite lip balm for on the go is Dr. Hauschka lip care stick.
Sorry that was probably terribly long and super boring for you to read through, but I wanted to make sure I answered all of the questions posed to me. 😀
Ok, now it’s my turn to nominate some folks, I’m sorry if you’re been nominated before but after answering all those question, I am too crossed eyed to check through to see if you’ve already been nominated or not! 😛
1. Did you play any sports or do any activities when you were little (like ballet, gymnastics)?
2. How many remote controls do you have for your entertainment unit (tv, dvd, stereo)?
3. What was the worst thing you did as a child (run away from home, set fire to the clothesline)?
4. How many pillows do you sleep with?
5. What was the last Ikea furniture you built? If not applicable, what was the last piece of furniture you bought?
6. How many pairs of sunglasses do you own? Which pair is your favourite?
7. What was the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?