Most people have maybe 1 or 2 foundations (perhaps a winter shade and one for summer), a couple of concealers (under eye dark circles vs covering blemishes), and a face powder. That’s normal. Why I have amassed this many foundations / powders / concealers (or as I call them, base products), I have no excuse for. I couldn’t even fit everything I own into one frame so here’s a portion of what I’ll be showing today:
I figure I would just lump all my base products including highlighters and bronzers into one post instead of them separating out.
Remember, this is a no judgement zone. 😉
Foundations / BB creams: I honestly don’t like having so many liquid / cream foundations open all at once. A bunch of these are already slated for The Purge.
• My colouring: MAC NC25, MUFE 20, Shiseido i20, CoverGirl Nude Beige, Guerlain Beige Clair, Illamasqua 6.5, Maybelline Buff, Revlon Nude – of course, my colour can change within the same brand depending on the formulation (MAC is the worst for this, I find)
• My skin type is combination sensitive with slightly oily t-zone and dehydrated cheeks
• I also have a bunch of mineral powder foundations but I didn’t bother lugging them out – so messy!
• I dislike paying more than $50 for a foundation, hence I don’t own the more popular ones like Marc Jacobs ($69 are you kidding me!) – I will have to suck it up when I buy the Nars Luminous one next year though ($59) because I’ve heard so many great things about it
• The Anna Sui loose powders are really just for show – I don’t really intend to use them; just look at that packaging! (I’ve also misplaced a compact foundation with a cute strawberry design, it’s somewhere – doh)
Concealers: I just noticed that I’m missing my Clarins concealers in these photos – oops. #toomuchmakeup
Highlighters / bronzers:
• Foundation: Shiseido Sheer & Perfect
• Powder: Cargo Blu_Ray
• Concealers: Maybelline Age Rewind (under eye), Revlon PhotoReady (redness)
• Highlighter: Guerlain Météorites in Teint Beige
• Bronzer: Lancaster Infinite Bronze Kaleidoscope
Unopened / Back Ups:
• Not really sure why I’ve chosen not to open the loose powders from e.l.f. or Nars since they don’t go bad once opened, but I guess I was trying to be diligent in finishing up my Laura Mercier and MAC ones first
In summary, I own (opened and unopened):
• 40 Foundations / BB creams
• 31 Powders
• 32 Concealers
• 11 Highlighters
• 13 Bronzers
This concludes my “stash” series for now. I have a few more smaller categories like eyeliners and mascaras but they’re less interesting to post.
What are your favourite base products? Any questions about any of the products shown, please leave them in a comment below! 🙂