I blame Kaily for this one. She came up with this topic and both Sharon and I scratched our collective heads as to how to interpret this. What the heck IS Christmas Tree makeup? So I’m taking the
cheater creative approach and doing a gold theme makeup look, because hey, some people have an all gold Christmas tree, ok:
This gold and diamond Christmas tree was worth $500k with five pounds of solid 18K gold and a 4.52 carat diamond set in a platinum star at the top – in 2007 it was the most valuable Christmas tree in existence (Source).
That’s how I roll. 😛
For this look I’ll do a smokey antique gold eye paired with a golden nude lip – and of course, lots of highlight for a mirror-like shine!
The eyes start with a base of black cream shadow and topped with golden pigment with yellow gold highlight at the brow bone and inner corners. Line water line on both upper and lower lash line with a sooty kajal, then a shimmery black gel liner for the winged liner on the upper lash line.
I had to swatch the gold eye shadows over black to really showcase the shimmer and sparkle of the colours – especially the Illamasqua Ore pigment.
• Almay Bright Eyes Color Cream Shadow in Golden Gleam (these are discontinued and probably one of Almay’s best products ever)
• Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear in Black #17
• Kryolan Eye Shadow Compact in Gold
• Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Ore
• Illamasqua Vintage eye shadow from Neutral Palette
• Bourjois Queen Attitude Khôl Kajal
• MAC Fluidline in Avenue (this is a black gel liner with a gorgeous gold shimmer – unfortunately it was LE)
The complexion is kept light and the blush is very neutral – topped with a golden highlight on the top points of the cheek, nose and cupid’s bow.
• Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation in 02 Beige Clair
• Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in 10 Lover’s Blush
• Wet n Wild Color Icon SPF 15 Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana #743A (this is NOT a bronzer at all but a gorgeous subtle highlight that I like to use to set the under eye area and even as an all over powder)
• theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
The lips are nude but not flat – topped with a golden gloss for a shimmery glow.
• Anna Sui Soft Matte Lip Pen in 702 Peach Pink (this can act as a lip liner as well)
• Bath & Body Works Liplicious Wild Madagascar Vanilla Golden Glow Lip Butter (it’s hard to show from the swatch but this has teeny tiny golden shimmer and brings out the peachy tones of the lipstick)
Finish off the look with shimmery nails using one of these bling-y gold polishes:
• Illamasqua Swinger
• L’Oreal Because You’re Worth It
• Essie Lux Effects As Gold As It Gets
• Seche Sparkle, Clink, Kiss (I’m planning on wearing this as my Christmas mani this year!)
I’m actually surprised at the amount of gold nail polishes I own. 😛
And here’s the finished glitzy look – *ding! ding! ding!*
Be sure to check out the rest of the Babes in Blogland for their interpretation of a Christmas Tree themed makeup:
♥ Kaily of Hello Kaily
♥ Sharon of Sharon Beauty Prime
♥ Ingrid of Curly.Spring.Blossom