The Prestige My BIGGEST Lashes mascara has got be the largest mascara wand I’ve ever seen. But it’s not about the size that matters, am I right? 😉
From Prestige Cosmetic’s site:
My Biggest Lashes creates full body, high-volume lashes in a single stroke. The instant lash drama that won’t smudge, clump, or flake.
I love me some volumizing mascaras so I was psyched to try this. I purchased this mascara when Rexall was clearing out their Prestige displays (most locations have replaced the Prestige line with NYX – I’m a bit ambivalent about this since I do like both brands) – this normally retails for around $10 but I bought mine for $6. This mascara contains 13.6ml which is even more than the CoverGirl LashBlast mascaras with 13.1ml.
The bristles of this mascara is interesting in that it is very very dense – the bristles are not arranged in a spiral configuration (think of a pipe cleaner) like most natural bristle mascara wands. The bristles have an irregular pattern which collects quite a bit of product, and then coats every lash with mascara, creating amazing volume and length.
Impressively, this volumizing mascara does not flake – but where it fails for me though, is that it does smudge under my eyes as it wears on in the day. By around the 5 hour mark, I’ve got a bit of panda eyes. Here’s a comparison of the Prestige My Biggest lashes mascara wand to other large mascara wands:
It’s massive! (that’s what she said) 😛
• Provides amazingly long and full lashes
• Does not flake or irritate my eyes
• Inexpensive price relative to the results (ie. I like this $10 mascara better than the $29 Benefit They’re Real! mascara)
• Smudges under my eyes through the day
• Can be clumpy if the wand isn’t wiped thoroughly before application
• Due to the large brush size, is prone to touch my lids while applying, getting mascara onto my freshly applied eye shadow
Stash worthiness: 7/10
Tip: tilt your head back slightly when using a mascara with a large wand, it will reduce the risk of getting mascara on your lids.
Have you tried this mascara? What’s your favourite mascara for va-va-voom lashes?