I’ve seen this Tag done a few times (Megan has OCD, fivezero, and chubbychicsdiary, to name a few) and I guess I’m a glutton for punishment because I decided to answer 100 random and frankly, kind of intrusive questions! The title says no one ever asks these questions, but it seems to me that is no longer true! 😉
I know that not everyone will read this whole post so I’m going to ask this one small favour – can you still “like” this post? I need the encouragement. 😆 (and this is the only time I’m going to encourage people to like and not read a post!)
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed. Have you seen Monsters Inc.?
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Uh yeah. That’s what they’re there for – taking.
3. Do you sleep with you sheets tucked in or out?
Tucked in! I like to be snug as a bug.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Nope! I guess I’ll have to put that on my bucket list now.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
Yes, they’re super handy.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
All the time! I do maybe a quarterly clean up of our coupon area (yes, we have such an area right by our front door, above the knickknack drawer) and you’ll hear me say “crap, this one is expired, so is this, they’re all expired.” yet I still click and save whenever I come across a coupon I think I might use. Thankfully, in Canada, coupons are kind of scarce.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Hmm tough one because I might die in either case, but I think my chances are marginally better with a swarm of bees. So while I wouldn’t say I prefer being attacked by bees, I’ll default to this option.
8. Do you have freckles?
Yes I do! I get flack for it all the time from SAs at the beauty counters (especially at Shiseido where they are predominately Asian) because they idealize pale flawless complexion. They equate freckles with sun damage but I am such a sunscreen fiend! I got my skin sun damage analysis done once where they take a photo of your face with a special camera and my skin had hardly any sun damage, so nyah!
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
Nope, I’m terrible at remembering to smile. I just dislike having my picture taken, period.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who play their music really loudly on their earphones in public spaces.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
All the time! I’ve noticed the stairs going down into the subway station near me are not evenly distributed – 13 steps for the first set and then 11 for the next – why not 12 and 12? 😕
12. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Yes. I’m Canadian and I used to be a camp counsellor. 😛
13. What about pooped in the woods?
Alas, no. My body shuts down #2 whenever I go travelling. It just knows.
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Yes, there’s music playing in my head!
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
No, that’s just rude. More respect for writing utensils please.
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Um. One. My SO of 9 years. 😉
17. What size is your bed?
18. What is your song of the week?
Strange Overtones – Brian Eno & David Byrne
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Totally! Did you know that up until 1940’s, the colour pink was actually reserved for boys, whereas girls wore blue? It’s true.
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Not anymore but as a grown person, I did used to enjoy Spongebob SquarePants and Fairy Oddparents. 😛
21. What’s your least favourite movie?
I immediately knew the answer to this question but I did go into my imdb.com account to see which movie I rated the lowest, and yup, as I suspected, it’s the movie “Vulgar”. Don’t even look it up, it’s just the worst thing. We watched it because it’s directed by Bryan Johnson, who is associated with Kevin Smith. Please do not watch this movie, I implore you.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
I’m certainly not going to tell you! (Hint: it’ll be ‘hidden in plain sight’, most likely)
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Usually nothing, but sometimes we will have something made with the SodaStream. We like the orange / citrus flavours. I will usually drink water after dinner though.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Honey. My SO says I’m weird but this is what I dipped them in as a kid so it has continued.
25. What is your favourite food?
Japanese: sushi and ramen
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Hell yeah I would if the money was enough to sustain me for the rest of my life! $1 billion sounds about right. 😀
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I wrote a short notecard to Nicola when we did our swap! 🙂
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
33. Ever ran out of gas?
34. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
35. Favourite kind of sandwich?
I kind of hate cold sandwiches, so I’ll say grilled cheese. There used to be this awesome gourmet grilled cheese place that had a pulled pork and Mac & Cheese grilled cheese. ::drool::
36. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
37. What is your usual bedtime?
10:30 – 11:00pm
38. Are you lazy?
Obviously I am not, I’m answering 100 goddamn questions! 😛
39. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
My mom sewed, so we had some amazing costumes. One memorable one was a pixie sitting on top of a mushroom, where my real legs were the mushroom stem, and there were fake pixie legs that dangled. The mushroom portion had a hoola hoop around it – t’was very elaborate. It was a similar concept to this:
40. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
Snake. And my zodiac sign is Cancer, or the Crab. Yup, all my astrological signs are pleasant animals! Beware… 😉
41. How many languages can you speak?
One well. English.
43. Which are better, legos or lincoln dogs?
What the heck are lincoln dogs? Some off-brand Lego knock-offs? I think it’s supposed to be Lincoln LOGS? Either way, I’ll stick with Legos. Bet you can’t make stuff like this with lincoln dogs / logs:
44. Are you stubborn?
You say stubborn, I say tenacious.
45. Who is better, Leno or Letterman?
46. Ever watch soap operas?
Nope. I can’t handle long running story lines – just tell me how it ends, ugh!
47. Are you afraid of heights?
No, not particularly
48. Do you sing in the car?
49. Do you sing in the shower?
Nope. The acoustics aren’t that good.
50. Do you dance in the car?
Uh no, people can still see you.
51. Ever used a gun?
Nope, just a water gun.
52. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
Yes, for my passport. I looked really angry.
53. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes they are. I can handle live musicals but the movie ones are just so cringe-inducing, especially the modern day ones.
54. Is Christmas stressful?
Not especially. We don’t host anything – I just have to buy presents (shopping can be stressful though) but we don’t need to cook / bake / decorate.
55. Ever eat a pierogi?
Yes. We found this Polish place at St. Lawrence Market that sells them – potato, cheese & bacon is our favourite.
56. Favourite type of fruit pie?
57. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Teacher or nurse.
58. Do you believe in ghosts?
No. People have wild imaginations.
59. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Yes. It’s just the brain seeing common patterns, it doesn’t mean the matrix has been altered.
60. Take a vitamin daily?
Yes. I’ve been taking a women’s multi-vitamin for years. They’re like horse pills and make my pee bright yellow.
61. Wear slippers?
Yes, they’re Birki’s. I used to wear flip flops but the flipping and flopping sound drove the SO crazy so I switched. The traditional closed-toe slippers are too hot.
62. Wear a bath robe?
63. What do you wear to bed?
Loose night shirt, I can’t handle wearing PJ pants since they just ride up my legs while I sleep.
64. First concert?
65. Wal-Mart, Target, or Kmart?
It used to be Kmart years ago, then they got converted to Zellers. Then Zellers got converted to Target. Now we only have Wal-mart but I can’t say I’m a Wal-mart fan. I only go if I want something that’s exclusive to them.
66. Nike or Adidas?
Neither. I wear New Balance. I’ve never owned a pair of Nikes, but I have owned a pair of Addidas.
67. Cheetos or Fritos?
Cheetos, the crunchy kind, not the puffs.
68. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
69. Ever heard of the group Tres Bien?
No. Wait a minute, is this whole questionnaire a plug for this group? 😕
70. Ever take dance lessons?
Nope. Maybe I should.
71. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Well, my SO is an accountant by trade… so someone who works with money, yeah. 😀
72. Can you curl your tongue?
73. Ever won a spelling bee?
74. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
I can’t recall, honestly. How sad! 😥
75. Own any record albums?
Nope, no record players to play them on.
76. Own a record player?
Nope, no record albums to play. 😆
77. Regularly burn incense?
No, but I did when I was a teenager. I was going through an angst-y phase.
78. Ever been in love?
Of course! But don’t tell my SO, ok? 😉
79. Who would you like to see in concert?
Nobody. I don’t really enjoy concerts… it’s really a forum for fans to sing along with the artists in a public forum. Why?
80. What was the last concert you saw?
U2. Omg what’s WITH all these concert questions! This totally is a plug for the group Tres Bien, (whoever they are), isn’t it!
81. Hot tea or cold tea?
82. Tea or coffee?
83. Sugar or snickerdoodles?
This isn’t a fair “this or that” question… sugar is an ingredient whereas snickerdoodles is a finished food (which contains sugar). I’m guessing that a word is missing from the question? Like, it really should have been “Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?” In that case, my answer is sugar cookies! I like decorating those.
84. Can you swim well?
Well enough to not drown. But not well enough to do it for enjoyment.
85. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
86. Are you patient?
I am. 🙂 Look, hours later, I’m still answering these damn questions.
87. DJ or band at a wedding?
DJ. Bands can go so wrong. Leave nothing to chance! Even if the DJ equipment malfunctions, there’s always someone with a phone and the shuffle setting. 😛
88. Ever won a contest?
Not a contest based on any skills, but I won a random draw. A basket full of makeup and perfume – what else?
89. Ever have a plastic surgery?
Nope, not yet! 😉
90. Which are better, black or green olives?
I don’t particularly like olives. I think the green ones are less salty?
91. Can you knit or crochet?
I can do both but I prefer knitting!
92. Best room for a fireplace?
Family / recreation room
93. Do you want to get married?
94. If married, how long have you been married?
I’m not married, but technically we’re common-law since we’ve been living together for so long.
95. Who was your HS crush?
This jock named Jonathan. He was on the volleyball team and I’d go watch him play. He wasn’t a meat head type of jock though. He was 3 years ahead of me and didn’t even know I was alive. Jonathan, if you’re reading this, I think you’re the bee’s knees!
96. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Never! I do not pull dramatic stunts like that, ever, and I think people who do that are so manipulative.
97. Do you have kids?
98. Do you want kids?
No, I am severely allergic.
99. What’s your favourite colour?
100. Do you miss anyone right now?
My SO. He went out tonight so I have no dinner (he does all the cooking). So tonight I had poutine and a bubble tea for dinner. 😆
Thanks for either scrolling all the way down or reading the whole thing!
Gold star for you! ⭐