While I tend to pack light for my makeup, I don’t skim when it comes to skincare when I travel. I am fastidious in my skincare regime and I still maintain separate products for day and night time.
This is why it’s important for me to hoard travel sizes of my favourite products when I find them! If not, I just decant them into travel size containers.
These are pretty much listed in the order in which I use the products.
• Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – ugh, I’m forcing myself to use this. I decanted from the big bottle into this travel spray bottle. And I added about half a tablespoon of plain glycerin. I tested this concoction and it’s decent. Still don’t love it but I’ll use it up.
• Consonant Skincare The Perfect Sunscreen SPF 30 – Since we’ll be spending more time than normal outdoors, I’d doubling / tripling up my sunscreen. I’ll keep this in my purse for emergency situations (my SO’s ears and back of neck are prone to getting burned!)
• ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 50 – having a sunscreen in powder format is also super handy.
• Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Grapefruit – this isn’t my favourite but it’s slim pickings for lip balms containing decent SPF (if you have any recs, please share!)
• Yves Rocher Three Teas Micellar Water (decanted)
• La Roche-Posay Effaclar K – my skin always breaks out when I travel so this is preemptive strike!
Misc / Hair care:
• 2 week’s supply of cotton pads: I’m taking my trusty Shiseido Facial Cotton, along with some of the Up+Up Exfoliating Cotton Rounds. Since I’m not bringing any chemical exfoliants with me, I’ll rely on gentle physical exfoliation to keep my skin clear.
• Consonant Skincare Intensive Organic Hand Cream – you’ll notice that I didn’t include any body wash / creams. When I travel, I just rely on whatever is available at the hotels – same with shampoos. But I decided to bring a travel sized hand cream to keep in my carry on – the flight is 13 hours! And I know my skin will get super dehydrated on the plane – in a pinch I’ll use this on my face too.
• Dove travel size antiperspirant – I tried to find a travel size deodorant since I’ve made the transition to deodorants, however, the cost of the travel size Lavanila was ridiculous! $13 for 25g vs $17 for 56g. I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if I’m going to pay that much for a travel deodorant!
• L’Oreal Studio Line Silk & Gloss Curling Spritz (decanted)
… and that’s about it, I think. I always live in fear that I’ll forget some vital item from my skincare. What are your must-have skincare for travelling? Tomorrow’s post: my travel makeup! 🙂