I thought I’d post this up asap since this lipstick is a fairly new release and an online exclusive item – some people might be curious about how this looks in “real” photos. Here is the lipstick in Finally Free:
I purchased this the day it launched (April 7th – the same day that the VIB sale started! It was a busy day of online shopping) but it took 10 frustrating days for me to get my hands on the parcel (grrr courier services that don’t actually deliver!)
For those who may not know, this lipstick is the collaboration between Caitlyn Jenner and MAC. 100% of the selling price ($21 CAD) goes to the MAC AIDS Fund Transgender Initiative. I remember seeing this announcement on IG and witnessing some hateful comments directed at both Caitlyn Jenner and MAC. Some people – I don’t understand and I guess I never will. Anyway, back to the lipstick, it is described as “Midtone rosy nude” in a Cremesheen formula.
It is very much a MLBB type shade which adds just a touch of colour to my pigmented lips. The Cremesheen formula means it’s a little more sheer with a bit of shine – it’s very comfortable on the lips with a bit of slip.
And of course I had to compare them against other MLBB type shades in my collection:
L to R:
• MAC Party Line: more berry toned, deeper (I knew this one wouldn’t be a dupe but I wanted to include it to show the difference)
• MAC Mystical (LE from Alluring Aquatics collection): this is almost a dead-on dupe. It’s ever so slightly lighter. I also realize that it’s no longer available, but if you already own Mystical, you may not need Finally Free (but yes, you actually should get Finally Free regardless)
• MAC Finally Free
• Elizabeth Arden Breathless: warmer and more sheer
• MAC Cosmo: deeper, redder, more opaque
• Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Rush: cooler toned, more opaque, deeper
I’ve only worn Finally Free twice but I love the colour and formula – it’s very easy to wear and goes with just about any eye or blush colour. Unfortunately, this lipstick is an online exclusive and limited edition. But I think for the lovely product and the cause, it’s worth making that extra effort to get this. 🙂
And, since I was placing an order anyway, why not pick up some other stuff? 😉 I noticed last month that MAC now offers travel version of their most popular brushes. These are denoted by the “SH” in their names (for “short handle”) – typically MAC has these SH brushes in Holiday sets but those are made in China. But these ones are all made in Japan, just like their full sized counterparts! I intend to take these with me on my trip. I got:
• 239SH Eye Shader Brush
• 217SH Blending Brush
• 129SH Powder/Blush Brush
I do already own the 2 eye brushes in the full size, but not the powder brush.
I also bought a few skincare basics:
• Cleanse Off Oil – one of my top 3 cleansing oils
• Lightful Softening Lotion – never tried this before but it comes highly recommended (I just love that holographic box!)
• Strobe Cream (travel size) – had this before and really like it, the small size lasts me ages
• Pro Eye Makeup Remover (free 6ml sample)
Are you thinking of getting the Caitlyn Jenner x MAC Finally Free lipstick?