I had anticipated April would have been a crazy month of haulage due to the Sephora VIB sale but that didn’t turn out to be the case. I had $252.74 in my April budget to start off with.
In the Sephora sale, I bought only 4 items, and I ended up returning one of them:
My original total was $83.30 but after returning the busted BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask, I only ended up spending only $52.70 at the VIB sale.
MAC strikes again this month with an order for the online exclusive lipstick, Finally Free ($21):
And this week, I wrote about a new to me brand called Teeez Cosmetics, and I bought 4 items to try:
My total came to $89 and I had Bay Rewards points so I only paid $9. 😀
From the drugstore, I picked up:
• L’Oreal Color Riche Mono eye shadow in 207 Pain au Chocolat $5.10
• Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude by Kate lipstick in #43, for $3.99
• Revlon Volume + Length Magnified mascara $7.99
• Revlon Ultimate All-In-One mascara $7.99
• CoverGirl The Super Sizer mascara $5.99
• L’Oreal Sublime Gentle Micellar Solution
• Clarins UV Plus Day Screen High Protection Tint SPF 40
• Rusk Wired Flexible Styling Creme (this wasn’t from the drugstore but from a sidewalk sale at Trade Secrets, it was on sale for only $5, and it normally retails for $22)
Skincare trade-ins: there were 2 skincare swap events in April that I participated in as I mentioned in my Trash Stash post. I brought in nearly empty containers and received 50% of these:
• Consonant Skincare Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream. I also picked up a travel size of their Perfect Sunscreen which I’m planning to bring on my trip.
• Pure + Simple Lactic Acid Plus 10%
My sister gave me this set of OPI minis from a Major League Baseball (MLB) inspired collection called Fashion Plate.
The set includes:
• Umpires Come Out At Night
• Girls Love Diamonds
• 7th Inning Strrretch
• Orange You Going To The Game?
• Love Athletes In Cleats
Cute, heh? Thanks for this! ❤
I went a bit crazy at Dollarama (L to R):
• Wet n Wild nail polish $1.50 (this is made in Luxembourg as noted by fivezero!)
• Sephora by OPI: in QVC What I Mean?, Shiny Dancer, Queen of Everything, and Already Famous $3 each
I just can’t say no to nail polish! Especially discounted ones. 😛
And I snagged this Bonne Bell kit which includes a liquid lipstick in Mai Tai, a nail polish in Key West, and an eye shadow palette in Prom Queen for only $3! I have another Bonne Bell nail polish and I have to say, the quality is quite good.
Plus, in April I was the lucky recipient of not one, but TWO giveaways! 😀
• BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyeshadow and Highlighter Palette
• Milani Color Statement #33 Rose Amour
• Wet n Wild Large Eyeshadow Brush
From Sandie’s Stash:
• NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
(…and I received another epic prize in the mail this week! I’ll be posting about it tomorrow! 😮 )
My makeup spend for April was $130.26. (To clarify: I don’t count skincare, hair & body care or makeup tools – only actual makeup including nail polishes are counted – any time you see me list the price of a product, it means it’s being tallied)
That means I have $122.48 to be carried over – I was surprised I didn’t go over my budget! I will have $172.48 for makeup spending in May. 🙂 How was April for you in terms of makeup spending?