Last Thursday, I was invited to attend a Beauty Blogger even at Rexall located in downtown Toronto. It was to celebrate their remodeled location at Yonge and Richmond (in the heart of the Financial District in Toronto – think of it as Wall Street in NYC). It was a lovely event and I also received some loot!
I posted a bunch of IG Stories of the event (if you’re not following me on Instagram, here is my account!) and I’ll share some of the videos here as well. 🙂
This Rexall store is actually located quite close to my work – yes I work a 9 to 5 job – so I sauntered over after work. The building is something to behold:
Rexall has been opening up quite a number of downtown locations in recent years. Lately, they’ve opened smaller formats within some historical buildings. What I love is that they’ve retained the character of the original buildings by working around facades and structures (if you live in Toronto, I encourage you to visit their Brunswick House location, it’s so beautifully done). The event also featured the radio station KISS 92.5 and this mountain of cake pops:
❤ I had to try one:
Yummy! By the way, the polish that I’m wearing in the video is – coincidentally – Cupcake Polish in Down for the Count (that I hauled here). 😀 Onto the beauty goodies – the bag they gave us was HEAVY to carry around for the hour that I spent at the store:
It was seriously like a workout for my arms! 😛
The weight was owing to some of the body and hair products inside:
• Nivea Smooth Body Lotion
• OGX Extra Creamy + Coconut Miracle Oil Body Wash
• Lady Speed Stick Unstoppable Antiperspirant
I’ll give the antiperspirant to my sister since I made the switch over to deodorants.
• Maui Moisture Curl Quench +Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie
This hair mask smells amazing – like real coconut! Check out Jodi of A Brash Attitude’s post on this line.
• BIC Soliel Glow Comfort Shield Razors
• Colgate Optic White Express Platinum White Toothpaste
These are essentials – who doesn’t want smooth legs and white teeth?!
• Neutrogena All-in-One Make-up Removing Cleansing Wipes
• 7th Heaven Dead Sea Peel-Off Masque
• StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
• Live Clean Refreshing Facial Wipes
I’ve been trying out a few of the Montagne Jeunesse 7th Heaven masks and they’re very effective! I can’t wait to try more.
• John Frieda Luxurious Volume Core Restore and Frizz Ease hair care samples and coupons
• Nivea Creme Care All-in-One Facial Cleansing Lotion samples and coupons
• Parissa Brow Shaper Mini Wax Strips sample
• Nivea 2-in-1 Moisturizing Primer sample
I’m intrigued by that Nivea primer – haven’t heard anything about this.
• Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Cushion Corrector + Primer Duo in yellow / green – when I saw this, I started to laugh. You all know how I feel about cushion compact makeup! 😆 I’m not sure if I’ll try this or pass it along to someone. But I do like the holographic packaging even if my buddy Harivain might not! 😉
• Physician’s Formula Highlight & Contour Palette Bronze Booster in Matte Sculpting – I read this review on Mimsy’s Blog awhile back and I’m excited to try it!
• Physician’s Formula Lash Contortionist in Ultra Black – I almost picked this up a while back when I spotted a $5 off rebate on the package.
• Tweezerman tweezers in leopard print (rawr!)
• Revlon Eyes, Cheeks + Lips Palette in Seductive Smokes
• Burt’s Bees Lipstick in Sunset Cruise
Remember I was wanting an all in one type of palette for travel? Maybe this Revlon one will fill the void. And funny, I already own the Burt’s Bees Lipstick in that exact shade (I love the formula so much, it was in my favourites list) so it will be gifted to someone! 😉
Had a great time tonight at the newly renovated Rexall location at Yonge and Richmond! 💋 The beauty department is amazing – you have to check it out! Have a look at my IG Stories for more on the event! 😊 #rexall #rexallglam #torontoigers #torontoblogger #yongeandrichmond #drugstore #drugstoremakeup #beautyblog #beautyblogger #bblogger #bbloggers #bbloggersca #stashmatters
Thank you to Rexall for inviting me to visit your Yonge & Richmond store! Some of the brands and features at this location include NYX, Milani, H2O+, Kiss NY (I was excited to see this at Rexall, remember I picked up a few items from Cloré Beauty Supply before), and a wall of nail polishes and a special display of discount designer fragrances for $19.99.
Have you tried any of the items I received?