This post captures the rest of Hauluary:
Most were bought on-line and some were bought up until the very last day of January! 😉
• Perfecting Concealer in Dark Ivory and Light Beige
• Foundation Primer SPF 15
• Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinävia
• Satin Hands set (gift)
I’m typically between 2 shades in MK’s concealers so I got 2 colours to mix. The previous version of their concealer (in the black squeeze tube) was one of my favourite formulas. I have high hopes for these! Also, I was informed that Mary Kay removed plastic beads in their hand scrub – that’s amazing news!
• CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
• CosRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
This is my 2nd time ordering from Jolse since my first experience was so good. I happened to be on the site when I saw that they were having a sale on CosRX products – I’ve been wanting to try CosRX for a while so I decided to take the plunge.
• CosRX Acne Pimple Master Patch box of 4 sheets
I’ve been using the 3M Nexcare of these hydrocolloid patches and they work wonders – I’m hoping the CosRX work the same or better.
• Samples! Beauty Friends Tomato Essence Sheet Mask, Hanwoong Charcoal Nose Cleansing Strip, Lioele Fresh Sun Screen SPF45 PA++, Tony Moly The Hayan Cherry Blossom Whitening Cream, It’s Skin Power 10 Formula VC Effector, It’s Skin Power 10 LI Effector, Lioele Blooming Shimmer Pearl Base, Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream SPF30 PA++, and another pack of Jolse Blotting Paper
• Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Being Blonde x2
I was on well.ca to buy some vitamins and saw that they carried this polish! I know I have stated in the past that I wouldn’t buy back ups of makeup but this nail polish is so. freaking good. Seriously, if you told me I could only wear one nail polish for the rest of 2017, I would choose this – that’s a bold statement! And yes, I promise to swatch this soon. 😛
• Butter London in Toff
The last straggler of the nail polish order I placed online. It was shipped individually in an enveloped (decently padded and this time a plastic envelope rather than a paper one)
Shoppers Drug Mart
• Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer in Light Bronze – this costs $22 regularly and it was on sale for $15… but it rang up at the cash for only $10. Score!
• COLAB Volume Extreme Dry Shampoo in Tokyo x2 – another score, these were only $3, regularly they’re $12 each.
• L’Oreal Peaceful Pink (Bohemian Beauty 2015 collection)
• L’Oreal Spice Things Up
• Essie Steal His Name (2016 Bridal collection)
These were in a basket in a sidewalk sale for $4 each.
• CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in #260 Coffee Shop
Kristyn of The Lifeof Kristyn blog raved about this on Instagram so when I spotted it, I decided to give it a try. The gold colour looks especially interesting.
• Clarins 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette 02 Pretty Night
• Anna Sui Nail Polish S008 Celadon Gray
• Max Factor Masterpiece MAX mascara
They had a bunch of Clarins 4 and 5 pan eye shadows but this one stood out the most to me. The Anna Sui polish is a bottle shape that I don’t have yet (plus, um, GREY polish). I think I’ll do a post to show the various bottle designs they’ve had. And I’ve not seen Max Factor products in Canada for years! I was shocked to find the mascara at Winners. I was tempted to pick up more than one but restrained myself just in case I hated the formula. 😛
Cloré Beauty Supply
Cloré Beauty is a store that caters mainly to women of colour – they carry a wide selection of hair extensions and hair care products, but they also stock makeup and nail polish so I decided to check them out. They have lots of brands that I’ve not seen before like Kiss New York and Ruby Kisses.
I wandered into Cloré Beauty Supply over the weekend and a whole new world opened up to me! The store caters more to women of colour but they offer lots of new-to-me brands, like this Kiss New York Professional line. I ended up with a few eye shadows – the pigmentation was insane! And they were made in Korea! Have you heard of this brand? #clorebeauty #clorebeautysupply #kissnewyork #kissnewyorkcosmetics #makeup #makeupaddict #eyeshadow #torontoblogger #bblogger #bbloggers #bbloggersca #stashmatters
I was floored by the Kiss New York display! Just look at all the goodies. I succumbed to my ultimate weaknesses: eye shadows and nail polishes.
• Kiss New York Professional Single Eyeshadows in Insomnia, Geranium, Dahlias, African Violet
And because I like reading the fine print on makeup packaging, I noticed that the Kiss eye shadows are made in Korea! The brand offered some unique shades that swatched beautifully – pigmented and smooth. These were $3 each.
• Kiss New York Professional Gel Strong Nail Polish in KNP027 Champagne
• Ruby Kisses High Definition Nail Polish in HDP28 Mickey Mouse Me
• ICU Nail Lacquer in #37 Quartz and #31 Onyx
These ICU Nail Lacquers look so sleek and only cost $3 each. The shimmers are gorgeous – is photo doesn’t even do them justice – scroll back up at the group shot, the shimmers are more apparent from that angle.
• L.A. Colors Color Craze Gel Nail Polish in CNP761 Magical and CNP701 Frosting (clear)
I was doing my usual googling colours while standing at a makeup display routine and came across this post that made me immediately grab the shade Magical. I can’t wait to try it over a dark base like she did!
• China Glaze Holographic in When Start Collide, and Galactic Gray
These are from the 2013 Holographic collection – the holos are more subtle but against these darker colours, they work well.
• L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in Light Ivory
I’ve been wanting to try this concealer for ages but the only sources were online stores. It was really difficult to guess my shade based on online swatches. Thank goodness I was able to try these in person because the shade range runs dark – I had originally guessed that I might match the shade Creamy Beige (4 shades up from Light Ivory) – in reality, that would have been way too dark.
• After Sun Hydrogel SOS Mask
• Sensitive Végétal Soothing Mist
I stopped into a bricks and mortar YR store, enticed by a large red “clearance” sign at the front. These were $5 each – I didn’t know they carried sheet masks – this one is made in Korea so it’s probably like your typical Korean masks.
• 3 Detoxifying Teas Micellar Cleansing Water x5
Now I have sad sad news! I found out that Yves Rocher is discontinuing the 3 Detoxifying Teas Micellar Toner! 😥 This is my favourite micellar toner of all time! 😦 Why did they do this to me? I guess I should be used to this by now! So I stocked up. I think 5 bottles is enough – I wouldn’t want them to go bad on me.
Lastly, to end on a positive note, I did not purchase this but it was gifted to me by a reader of my blog, Jill Jacks! 😀
• Essence Pure Nude Highlighter
There’s a lot of hype about this highlighter and I made a comment somewhere on my blog that I’d been looking for this but couldn’t find it. And sweet Jill contacted me on Instagram out of the blue one day to let me know that she had picked this up for me! That was so thoughtful and I was taken back – I was floored! 😮 In this day and age, it’s not often that someone goes out of their way like this. Thank you, Jill – your thoughtfulness really touched me! ❤ Please go follow Jill on Instagram! Also, my blogging pal Polished and Inspired just posted a review of this – go check it out. 🙂
…I’m totally lying, this is not the final post of Hauluary – I have 2 more shipments that I ordered in January that I’m still waiting on – I’ll post about them once they arrive! 😉
Have you tried any of the items I got?