Nail polish haulage deserve its own post! 😎
I have no regrets! 😛
Again, these are all purchased on different visits / online orders – many were in conjunction with the makeup that I hauled. 😉
• Formula X Holiday 2016 X In The City Mini Nail Polish Set includes 10 shades of 4ml bottles: Fahrenheit (cool red), Electri-City (coppery shimmer), Obsessed (dark merlot), Majestic (navy blue), Epiphany (antique gold shimmer), Gray Matter (charcoal gray), Perfection (smoky violet), Intensity (powder pink), Wanderlust (lavender platinum shimmer), X Appeal (pink shimmer)
I scored this for 50% off (originally C$44) and I snagged the last set. 😀
• Sephora Formula X Gray Matter, Moon Glow, and Equinox
They had all of their Formula X polishes on for 50% off as well.
Yves Rocher (online)
I’m finally trying these Botanical nail polishes that fivezero raves so much about!
• Botanical Colour Nail Polish in Sparkling Cranberry, Black Cherry, Poppy Red, Rosewood, Magnolia, Pearly Wood, Agave Green, and Mint
These bottles are very small – only 5ml – but when was the last time you finished a whole bottle of nail polish? These were 50% off (regularly $6)
Nail Polish Canada (online)
• China Glaze Dope Taupe
• ILNP Central Station
• ILNP Chleo
I’ve been hunting down CG Dope Taupe since seeing it in people’s beauty boxes late last year. I’m sure I already have a similar colour in my stash but not one with this awesome name! And, these are my first ILNP polishes and they’re gorgeous! Those nudey holos… 😮
Toronto Barber & Beauty Supply
• Essie Damsel in a Dress, DJ on Board, and Catch of the Day
They had a cart full of Essies that were marked down to $2 each (my sister went nuts and bought 12 bottles!)
• Essie Gel Couture in At the Barre, and Closing Night (Ballet Nude collection)
These were $11 (no sale on those but they’re cheaper than what other places charge… and my sister egged me on to buy both of these 😉 )
Harlow & Co. (online)
• Colores de Carol in Sandstone
• Cirque in We Trippy
• Cupcake Polish in Down for the Count
I happened to go on Harlow & Co. when they were offering an extra 20% off on sale items (prompted by this post by Sandra over at Finger Candy). This is my first time shopping on Harlow & Co. and it turns out they’re just based out of Kitchener (a town in southern Ontario, about an hour’s drive from Toronto!) These polishes look so tame in the bottles but I assure you they’re are all sparkly and holographic. The Cirque one is a holographic topper – I can turn any of my boring polishes into a holographic sensation! 😀
Sale Events (online)
• Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss Diva After Dark 330, Bombshell 313, Eternal Oceans 305, and Teal On Fire 55
• Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss Emerald Blaze 50, Coy Coral 255, Reliable Red 170, and Lav-endure 145
I was on the hunt to scoop up all the CG Outlast polishes since I’ve enjoyed the 3 that I’ve tried so far. I’ve never seen these at the drugstores.
Shoppers Drug Mart
• L’Oreal Le Vernis à l’huile in 550 Rouge Sauvage and 664 Greige Amoureux
After seeing these on fivezero’s blog, I vowed to pick some up as soon as they were on sale. These were 35% off. I recently learned that these polishes aren’t available in the US, oddly.
The Body Shop
• Colour Rush Nail Polish in 510 The Body Shop Green, 610 Crazy for Blue, and 020 Red Bellious (Holiday 2016)
These were only $2 each – regularly they’re $8. I originally only bought the green but decided to get a couple more since they were so cheap. I am wondering if they’re being discontinued.
• Butter London Aston, Hen Party (Spring / Summer 2011), and Lady Muck (Spring / Summer 2011)
• Butter London British Racing Green (Fall / Winter 2009), The Black Knight (Holiday 2011), and Queen Vic
These were 50% off online – I’d never bought nail polish from Hudson’s Bay before (it’s the Canadian equivalent to Macy’s) and oh my gosh, they shipped these wrapped just in light Kraft paper in a lightly padded paper envelope! I’m just lucky none of these broke during transport. I’m actually still missing one bottle that is being shipping by itself.
• Butter London Brown Sugar (2014 Art of Alchemy Set), Scouse (Fall 2012), and Wallis (Fall & Winter 2011)
• NCLA in Cancer (What’s Your Sign collection)
Then, I spotted a few Butter Londons at Winners for a couple of bucks less than what Hudson’s Bay was selling their for – I had been wanting the shade Wallis for ages. And the NCLA polish was simply because I’m a Cancer in the zodiac sign! 😛 I also picked up one for my sister, who is an Aries (I liked her colour better, which is a cool toned deep red).
• OPI set includes Say Hello Kitty! polish and Swarovski crystal bow nail accents (Hello Kitty 2016 Collection)
• OPI Oh My Majesty! (Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection)
• Models Own Diamond Deluxe Pear Purple
I’ve been keeping and eye out for that OPI Hello Kitty polish – it wasn’t available individually and the set retailed for $25 due to the Swarovski crystal bows (which are adorable, by the way, I might try to make jewellery out of them) – I scored this set for only $6! And I was heavily influenced by Beauty Geeks’ post on the Models Own polish. 😛
After I photographed all the polishes together, I almost declared that I wasn’t going to buy another nail polish for 2017. 😄 Then I pulled myself together and reasoned with myself; I’ll just adhere to my 1-in, 1-out policy and keep to my No-Buy Low-Buy targets. 🙂
Do you have any of the polishes that I picked up? Which colour caught your eye? This isn’t the last of my January haulage since 1) I’m waiting for some items in the mail, and 2) January ain’t quite over yet! 😆