I know, I know. I just posted about makeup decluttering and here I am, showing stuff I’m adding to my hoard. Never did I once say that I wasn’t shopping anymore! (I was just making room? 😆 ) And, I didn’t go as crazy this year with post-holiday sales.
This is called self control in my books! 😉
• Hylamide Set 1 (Black Friday 2017) –
• Hylamide Subq Anti-Age – 30ml
• Hylamide High Efficiency Face Cleaner – 120ml
• Hylamide Subq Eyes – 15ml
• Hylamide HA Blur – 30ml
This was actually purchased pre-holidays, but it was out of stock when I placed the order in late November. Deciem allowed orders to be placed with the disclaimer that the orders would be fulfilled in January. And voila, come December 27th I received my shipment. I’m very curious about the cleaner and the HA Blur.
Right after Christmas there were some clearance items in their Goodbyes section at the store with discounts ranging from 25% to 40% off.
• MAC Snow Ball Kit Prep + Primer Fix+ –
Includes Coconut, Lavender and Rose (30ml each)
• MAC 125SE Split Fibre Dense Face Brush (from Fruity Juicy collection) –
• MAC 178SE Duo Fibre Angled Face Brush (from James Kaliardos collection) –
I’ve been wanting those scented Fix+ (now they’ve been made permanent – yay!) and the limited edition brushes were total impulse buys. 😛
• MAC 168SH Large Angled Contour Brush – $42
• MAC 214 Short Shader Brush – $30
• MAC 228 Mini Shader Brush – $24
• MAC 239SH Eye Shading Brush – $30
• MAC 217SH Blending Brush x2 – $30 each
I bought these brushes at regular price to secure the last of some discontinued items. I caught wind that MAC was phasing out all of their natural hair bristles in favour of synthetic bristles. I’m not opposed to synthetic bristles – they serve specific purpose in makeup application, but they are not my preferred brush types especially for blending colour. So I’m rather miffed that MAC will no longer offer natural bristle 217 Blending Brush or 239 Eye Shading Brush – 2 of my most favourite brushes! There are some non-MAC versions of the 217 shape (I mentioned some here) so I will likely try one of those in the future. I’m glad that I managed to score these ones which hadn’t sold out yet. I also received this brush care handout:
In all the years of buying MAC brushes, I’ve never received a brush care guide. All the brushes I picked up were made in Japan, and I was informed that the new synthetic ones will also be made in Japan. (Typically, MAC brushes from their regular line are either made in Japan or France.)
I was killing time one night after work and wandered into the Beauty Underground in the Bay…
• Teeez Cosmetics Island Palette Eyeshadow in Kaleidoscope and Paradise Bird –
$23 $13.80 each
• Clinique Happy Gelatos Three-Piece Set –
Includes Happy, Sugared Petals and Berry Blush (60ml each)
• Clinique Fresh Powered Gift Set –
14 Fresh Pressed Renewing Powder Cleanser with pure Vitamin C (0.01 oz.)
2 Fresh Pressed Daily Boosters with pure vitamin C 10% (8.5ml each)
Smart Custom Repair Moisturizer SPF 15 (15ml)
• Clinique x Jonathan Adler Cheek Pop in Plum Pop and Peach Pop –
• Bobbi Brown Blush in Nude Peach –
All of the Island collection from Teeez were 40% off and select Bobbi Brown and Clinique items were 25% off. I also got an additional $10 off for spending over $100.
• Relaxus Beauty Photo Finish Brush Set –
I’m mainly interested in the 2 larger brushes – I’ve been wanting a jumbo version of the oval face brush and these ones look decent.
This is how the 2 bigger ones look next to my MAC Masterclass Oval 6 Brush – I’m hoping MAC will release an Oval 7 or 8 one day! 🙂
Bath and Body Works
• Marshmallow Magic Amazing Body Cream –
• Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in Sea Salt Citrus and Twisted Peppermint – $3.75 each
It’s the semi-annual clearance sale at BBW and normally, I go crazy, but I only walked out with 3 items! 😮
• Sheer Lip Colour in Brown Sugar –
• Lip Saviour Balm in Strawberry Blush –
I fully admit that I do not need either of these but I’m weak against tinted lip balms. The strawberry one smells like ice cream!
• Mega Lip Smacker in Candy Apple –
• Lip Smacker Tsum Tsum Daisy in Peppermint Macaron –
• Burt’s Bees Ginger Spice Moisturizing Lip Balm –
Because um, I can never say no to lip balms? 😇 Especially ones in cute packaging!
• Milani The Multitasker Face Power in 02 Light Medium –
• L’Oreal Colour Riche Pocket Palette in 106 Doudoir Charme –
I picked up the Milani face powder on a whim (partly because of the pretty embossed pattern) before I saw that my blogging pal Jodi of A Brash Attitude named it one of her favourite makeup items of 2017!
• 7th Heaven and Montagne Jeunesse masks –
$2.59 $1.29 each
I do enjoy playing “spot the clearance tag” game at Rexall. These are the yellow tags dotted throughout the displays starting after the holidays, usually with 50% off or more.
Shoppers Drug Mart
• L’Oreal The Trendy set –
Includes Lash Paradise and Voluminous Primer / Base
I’m a fan of the Lash Paradise mascara and have been curious about the L’Oreal mascara primer – this deal was too good to pass up.
• CoverGirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation in 632 –
• Maybelline Master Prime Long-Lasting Shadow Base in Prime & Matte –
• Quo Angled Diamond Blending Sponge –
I don’t think the CG foundation is being discontinued but there was a broad selection of shades in the clearance section. This is the same shade I wear in their Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation and I’m worried this will be too dark for me but the next shade down had a pink undertone.
• Essie Let it Glow, Blue-tiful Horizon, and Seeing Stars (from Desert Mirage Collection)
For some unknown reason, Shoppers Drug Mart had these Essies on clearance for $6 each. This is a brand new collection that just launched in January. The copper shimmery shift is gorgeous – just look at this:
😱 It reminds me of Essie Social-Lights and China Glaze Sin-Derella that I bought in November.
• Cutex Top Coat –
• Essence Out of Space Stories Nail Polish in 03 Space Glam – $3.99
I blame fivezero for reminding me of the Essence Out of Space Stories polishes! Close-up of this beauty:
Considering my nail polish haul last January warranted an entire separate dedicated post, buying only 4 this year shows personal growth! 😉
• I love… Miniature Lots of Bubbles Selection Box –
$16.99 $8.49 x 2
Includes: Iced Cookie, Cherry Almond Sparkle, Strawberry & Cream, Raspberry & Blackberry, Yummy Caramel, and Chocolate Truffle (100ml each)
I’ve been eyeing this ever since I saw it in stores in November and crossed my fingers that it would end up on clearance. So happy that I scored 2 boxes!
• Delectable Bod Squad Triple Moisture Body Lotion Collection –
Includes Sweet Mint, Clementine, Candy Sparkle, and Iced Gingerbread (60ml each)
I had been looking for the hand lotion set but was unsuccessful. My consolation prize is the body lotion set instead! I’m very curious about the Clementine scent.
I haven’t been visiting Winners or Marshall as much lately, which is a good thing.
• Holika Holika Dodo Cat Dust Out 3 in 1 Trans-foam Cleanser –
I think this will be good for the warmer months.
• Lavanila Fresh Vanilla Lemon EdP –
• Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Nectarine Blossom EdT –
I guess the stars aligned and I managed to snag two scents that I’d been looking for. The Lavnila smells like a lemon cupcake, I love it! And I’ve been spritzing a sample of that EA perfume for ages and have been wanting the full size. Plus, the SO loves peachy scents and this one gets his nod of approval. 😀
That’s what I’ve bought since late December. This isn’t the end of Hauluary… I’m waiting for some online orders to come in the mail! 😀 Did you hit up any sales after the holidays?