It’s been a while since I last did an update on my shopping accountability – the last one was way back in August, actually! That was to cover June and July spending, so that means I haven’t talked about how August to October went. Those 3 months were my No-Buys months, in preparation for Holiday spending. I’m pleased to report that those 3 months I was too busy to think about makeup. At first I was missing the shopping but I got used to it – I even went to a L’Oreal warehouse and walked away with just bar soap:
I got 4 bars of the Kiehl’s Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub Soap in Coriander. It’s the Limited edition by Kate Moross, which is from this year, it seems? One is already in use, as you can see. I paid $8 each for these.
So a pat on the back for me! 😀 But, we’re here to talk about November! I essentially did all of my shopping concentrated between the Sephora sale and Black Friday. In addition, I picked up random bits. A LOT of random bits:
There were just so many deals to be had… how could I resist? 😇
Sephora Fall Sale:
Read details here.
$100. I only count the Surratt brush toward my total as the other items (deodorant, brush heads, and sponges) are replenishment.
Read details here.
$140.50. I did not count any of the replenishment items from The Face Shop and Kiehl’s.
Optimum Points Redemption:
Read details here.
Zilch. Got these on points!
No discount on these items but I’ve been wanting to try this line for ages and finally I had a need to replenish my vitamin C serum. They are so reasonably priced anyway.
• The Ordinary Serum Foundation in 2.0N – $6.70
• The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% (vitamin C) – $12.90
• The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% – $7.90
I will be mixing the ferulic acid with the vitamin C to make my own Skinceuticals C E Ferulic concoction…
And, how cute is this. The liner at the bottom of the Deciem shopping bag:
Well.ca was doing a bunch of deals in the week leading up to Black Friday and I bought some vitamins and added this to my cart:
• Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer in Light / Medium – $6.59
I really like the corresponding foundation so I hope the concealer is good too.
Rexall was clearing a bunch of Milani items from their display so I suspect they might be downsizing the space to make room for something else.
• Absolute Length & Curl Mascara x3 $5.00 each
• Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner in Black – $7.06
• Milani Baked Blush in Corallina – $6.16
I’ve had that Absolute mascara before, it makes a fantastic mascara topper to keep smudges at bay.
Toronto Barber & Beauty Supply (TBBS) is my go-to local store for the latest nail polish collections so when I caught wind of the Essie Winter collection online, I had to run out to grab the star shade… but of course I walked out with more stuff:
• Essie Social-Lights – $7.99
• China Glaze Sin-Derella – $2.99
The Essie Social-Lights was the main polish that I was after but when I rummaged through their sale bin, I found the China Glaze polish in Sin-Derella from the Halloween collection! I’ve been wanting to get my hands on it ever since I saw it on fivezero’s blog! Here’s how the 2 compare side by side – they both are grey base with flashes of colour:
Essie Social-Lights is a darker grey with coppery shift, whereas China Glaze Sin-Derella is a lighter grey with a pink shift. Both very pretty!
• China Glaze Slay Bell Rings – $2.99
• China Glaze Queen Please! – $2.99
The Slay Bell Rings is actually a brand new release from CG for the holidays but I found it in the sale bin – score!
• OPI DS Reflection – $5.99
• OPI Gimme A Lido Kiss – $5.99
Found these at Winners while shopping for gifts ( 😛 ) – Winners has been a bit of a miss for me but I was happy to find these.
In the bottle, the shade Gimme A Lido Kiss (on the right) might have some pink shimmers?
• OPI Turn on the Northern Lights – $5.99
I saw this shade on Maaike of Floating in Dreams’ blog and I had to hunt it down! I managed to find this at Marshalls. These types of polishes with the contrasting flashes of shimmer always gets me excited!
• Nailtiques Formula 2 – $24.25 for 15ml
Since I finished my Orly Nailtrition last month, I needed a replacement for a nail treatment and the Nailtiques has been on my to-try list for years. I was reminded of this product again on Short Nail Swatcher’s blog and decided to give it a whirl. I ordered this off NailPolishCanada.com
• Tweezerman ProMaster Lash Curler – $10
I found this at a Zwilling J.A. Henckles store – I see that Sephora sells this for $28. I’m always curious about eye lash curlers and I placed this against my favourite eyelash curler from Surratt and it’s a very similar shape.
I caught wind that the FTBbeauty.ca site was clearing out ALL of their remaining inventory at 80% off:
So I went nuts:
• Benjabelle Brush Tree Original –
• Benjabelle Brush Tree Spinner –
• Color Switch Proband –
Includes a double ended brush.
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu Mineral 5 Piece Brush Set –
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 710 Eye Liner –
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 708 Bent Eyeliner –
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 769 Angled Contour –
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 936 Concealer –
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 953 Duet Fiber Foundation –
• Bdellium Tools Green Bambu 955 Duet Fiber Finishing –
• Bdellium Tools 959 Studio Powder Blending –
• Bdellium Tools 991 Studio Fan Brush –
• Bdellium Tools 764 Studio Bold Angled Brow –
• E.L.F. Essential Smudge Eye Sponge x2 –
• Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Single Cheeky –
• Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Singles Kitten –
• Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Palette The Naked Truth –
• NYX Dark Circle Concealer Light –
This loot was worth $329.80 but I paid only $66! 😉 And it was free shipping!
I had a $300 budget to work with for November and even without tallying, I can tell you that it has been completely blown! But for the sake of transparency, let’s crunch the math.
If I tallied up everything I bought in November beauty-wise, it would be $773.34. 😳 I’ve highlighted the items that I’m counting toward my November accountability total (I excluded replenishment skincare, mascaras, sponges, and body care). My total came to $377.94, so I was $77.94 over my budget. 😮 But you can’t deny that I got some amazing deals this month! How was your spending in November?