When I look at it all together like this, I think I got a bit carried away with makeup hauling…
But when you pick up a little bit here, a little bit there, it doesn’t seem like it’s that much! 😉 I wasn’t able to go on actual Boxing Day to shop but many of the deals are available for the whole month of January – basically when stores sell out of stuff is when the sales end! 😛
• Face Cleansing Set (contains 2 sheet masks, cleansing foam and a konjac sponge) – this was 50% off ($15). I snagged the last box of this and the SA put it behind the counter while I browsed around. When I went to pay, she discovered that another SA had put the box back on the shelf and some other customer had grabbed it. The first SA made the other SA ask for the box back from the other customer! Awkward.
Yves Rocher (online)
• Intense Colour Duo Eyeshadow in #32 Khaki & Verdigris
• Flawless Skin Concealer in Light Beige
• Neo-Smoky Mascara
• Resurfacing Botanical Care Serum Vegetal (free gift)
I was mainly on the YR site to buy nail polishes (post to come) and I had a $10 off $40 coupon so I picked up a few makeup items for 50-75% off.
• Tarte Pretty Posse set (includes Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Tipsy and Amazonian Clay Butter Lipstick in Golden Pink)
• bareMinerals All is Bright set (includes Intrigue Blush, Golden Gate All-Over Face Color, and Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Big Teas)
These were the $15 grab sets on Boxing Day (similar to the Black Friday deals) but I found them a full week after Boxing Day and there were quite a few boxes left.
• Too Faced Sexy Lips & Lashes (contains Lip Injection Power Plumping Lipgloss and Better Than Sex Mascara)
And actually, I picked this up just last weekend when I was out shopping with a friend and they still have a bunch of these $15 kits. Now I can find out if the hype with this Better Than Sex mascara is warranted! I had considered buying another set that cost $28 and contains the Too Faced mascara along with a mini Kat Von D Tattoo liner (which I had been interested in) but, 1) the liner was black (I don’t wear black liner often) and 2) the liner is felt tip, not brush tip (I prefer a brush tip).
• All-Day Liquid in Cool Beige (the shade name is so inaccurate – it’s a neutral warm-leaning shade)
• True Matte Finishing Powder in Warm Beige – I didn’t need this but it felt so silky and it was only $5 (and made in Italy, actually all of these H&M items I got were made in Italy)
• High Impact Eye Colour in Everglades
I saw on Instagram that in Toronto, most of the H&M Beauty departments are closing down and they’re only going to keep the one at the Eaton Centre. I guess they’re not selling well? All of these were at least 50% off – not all colours were on clearance, just select shades.
Shoppers Drug Mart
• Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II – I’ve been hearing so many raves about this from all the beauty bloggers, especially from Cat (I saw firsthand how this made her skin look super luscious) and Belinda, and it’s been gnawing at me to try this! Hey, that’s what Optimum Points are for, right? 😉
• Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in 02 Raspberry – I also couldn’t resist getting the raspberry version of the Clarins lip oil since I love the Honey version so much. It’ll be a matter of time before I get the Red Berry version.
• Lip Smacker Tsum Tsum Winnie the Pooh Honey Pot, and Mickey Marshmallow Pop – These are so adorable and I found them hiding on some bottom shelf. I’ll never grow out of my love for Lip Smacker, Disney or marshmallow flavoured stuff. 😀 I also kind of want the Stitch one (blueberry) and Marie (from the Aristocats – it’s pear flavoured!)
• CoverGirl TruNaked Palette in Jewels
• Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palette in 05 Earthy Elements
• Absolute Length & Curl Mascara
• Physician’s Formula Super BB #InstaReady Filter Trio BB Powder in Universal Filter
Oh yeah, those palettes happened! I swatched the CG Jewels palette and my jaw dropped at how pigmented the bright blue and purple were! 😮 The Physician’s Formula powder was on clearance and the rest were on simply on weekly sale.
Sale Events (online store)
• Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Medium Beige 250
• Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara with bonus ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner
• 7th Heaven masks: Moroccan Clay Gentle Exfoliating Masque, White Thai Mud Rejuvenating Masque
• Montagne Jeunesse masks: 2 Stage Rescue Mud Masque For Problem Prone Skin, Dragon Fruit Sauna Skin sizzling Cleanser, Glacial Clay Spa Sensational Skin Clean Masque, White Chocolate Ultra Deep Cleansing Masque, 2 Stage T-Zone Peel Off Masque, Aloe Vera Face Spa, Rescue Mud Masque For Men
I’ve been on the hunt for these masks ever since hearing about them from Mrs. Strawberry Blonde. I’ve shopped on this site before – they sell drugstore brand makeup at discounted prices. I was looking for more of the CoverGirl Outlast nail polishes (next post) and found these goodies too.
London Drugs (online)
• Revlon Contour Brush
• Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation in 20 Classic Ivory
• Maybelline Dream Velvet Blender
• Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Skin-Transforming Powder in 20 Classic Ivory
• L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Glistening Garnet
• Real Techniques Miracle Diamond Sponge
• Makeup Revolution The Matte Blush in Fusion, and Nude
I’d never ordered from London Drugs (a Canadian drugstore chain in the western provinces) before but they were having a good sale with free shipping so I took a chance. They also carry Makeup Revolution which we can’t get here – it was great shopping experience and I’ll definitely order from them again!
• Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Stick in Soft Steel
• Liptensity Lipstick in Smoked Almond
• MatchMaster Foundation in 1.5
MAC put a lot of items on 40% clearance after Christmas – I really like this new practice of theirs. They used to ship all the excess limited edition / discontinued items over to CCOs (Cosmetics Company Outlet) but not everyone has access to CCOs. But from my haul, only the Pro Longwear Colour Stick was 40% off, the rest were regular price. I re-tested the Liptensity Lipstick in the store while I was buying the eye pencil and turns out I do like the formula. I love the packaging even more! And the foundation is one that I’d been wanting to get ever since I tested a few samples back in 2015 and the MatchMaster turned out to be my favourite.
These weren’t on sale but I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I use it toward these:
• By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder
• By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Concealer in #4 Medium Peach
These come highly recommended so I hope they live up to the claims!
The downtown location had a great selection of the discontinued Becca items so I scored these at 50% off:
• Becca Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector
• Becca Automatic Liner in Goa
• Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Watermelon / Moonstone and Raspberry / Opal
Sadly, it appears that the Vincent Longo counter is gonzo, so all of their products were discounted by 50%. I wanted to buy back-ups of the Water Canvas Foundation that I love, but my shade was all sold out already. I managed to get these:
• Vincent Longo Velour Pressed Powder in Light 2
• Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Clover Mist, Swan Lake, and Morning Tender
• Vincent Longo Crème Gel Liner in Flamenco
• Vincent Longo #27 Deluxe Blush Brush – this is super soft!
• Vincent Longo #33 Flat Eyshadow Brush
• Vincent Longo #18 Small Eyeshadow Brush
• Vincent Longo #35 Deluxe Lip Brush
• Sigma E25 Blending Brush – this wasn’t on sale but it’s their MAC 217 dupe that I’ve been wanting to try
• Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye cream – this is a replenishment. I’d been using the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream but it just wasn’t cutting it (I’ve set it aside to use again during the warmer months). The Kiehl’s is my current favourite daytime eye cream (it’s also Polished and Inspired’s! 😉 ).
• Buxom True Hue Blush in Temptation and Shangri-La-La – I was won over by the fact that these were made in Canada.
And, the award for the best “I peed my pants a little” moment was when I spotted these Urban Decay lipsticks at Marshalls! 😮
When I spotted the boxes, I kept my cool because from experience, I figured they would all be messed up inside. Imagine my shock that they were pristine!
• Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb, and Fiend
• Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Rapture
I was at the right place at the right time, it seems. 😀 I’m still interested in finding the shade Liar in the Revolution formula.
Lastly, I did not purchase these myself, but right after Christmas I received this AMAZING parcel from GymBagMakeup (who actually coined the term “Hauluary”!) 😄
• Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette
• Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara
• MyPrettyZombie eye shadows in Anthrax, Brisket, and Celery and Bile
Oh EM GEE! These are items that I can’t get in Canada! Honestly, you should have seen my face when I opened the parcel. 😮 I ran to tell the SO but he didn’t really care. 😛 Thank you, thank you, thank you! ❤
Let me know if there’s anything you’d like me to review. I’m a broken record, but I’m so backlogged in my reviews… 😛 What new makeup / skincare have you bought lately?