This is not my “best of” list for 2016 yet – it’s simply my final quarterly favourites for the year. I’ll be posting my full favourites list for 2016 in January! Here’s what I’ve been enjoying from October to December:
Remember that for 2 of the past 3 months, I was essentially in makeup jail doing Project Pan! 😉
• MAC Lightful Softening Lotion – surprised that I like this as much as I do. It’s pricey but it’s an effective toner with a citrusy scent. I’m unsure about the brightening effects after using it for a month. And I do love the holographic bottle!
• DHC Deep Cleansing Oil – I’ll be doing a detailed review on this but this is effective and gentle. And I have a limited edition Alice in Wonderland bottle, which makes it even better! 😛
• Farmacy New Day Gentle Exfoliating Grains – I got this travel size from Cat, who raves about this product and the Farmcy brand in general. This is my first ever Farmacy product and oh my goodness – the hype is real!
It’s a powder that you simply mix with water to make a paste. This leaves my skin feeling so soft and clarified, and has a slight tightening effect. I’m definitely buying the full size of this when I run out! The full size isn’t even all that expensive at C$40 for 100g – that’s a LOT of product.
• MAC Studio Moisture Cream – review to come!
• Physician’s Formula Anti Aging Laser Resurfacing Serum – this is the second bottle I have of this and if I find it again, I’ll be sure to buy more. This makes my skin so smooth and radiant, and it’s so affordable!
• The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ in Clementine – I got this as a present from a friend and it smells and tastes just like a juicy clementine! Since the weather has gotten colder and drier, my poor lips have been suffering. I’ve been using this scrub about 3 times a week, in the mornings. Aside from the sugar particles, it has oils in it that helps to moisturize my lips. Prior to this lip scrub, I had only ever used the LUSH ones – this one has larger sugar granules compared to the LUSH.
• H&M Lip Rescue – It’s all about pampering my lips lately and this has been a great night time balm. I’ll always be a die-hard C.O. Bigelow Supreme 2X Lip Shine fan but this one from H&M ranks up there.
• Biotherm Lait Corporel Body Lotion – smells like grapefruit and sinks into my skin really well.
• Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Coconut – I like this scent even better than the Vanilla Grapefruit one.
• Lee Stafford Coco Loco Blow & Go Genius Lotion – received this from Rachael and it makes my hair voluminous but defined and tamed. And it smells like a coconut tropical cocktail. The instructions say to use the size of a Brazil nut but I think I’m using slightly more than that! I’m savouring every bit and I will need to find out how to get my hands on this locally!
• Leighton Denny in Message in a Bottle – I haven’t featured this on the blog yet but it’s a sheer pale grey with an opal pink glean. I need to buy a back up of this!
• Cover Girl Outlast in Being Blonde – I haven’t featured this either but I need to buy a back up of this pronto too! It’s a metallic rose gold that applies like a dream – honestly, I think this is the best nail polish formula I’ve used all year. 😮
• Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – my favourite eye shadow primer that I’ve used so far.
• Mary Kay Undereye Corrector – review coming up soon
• Tony Moly Panda’s Dream Brightening Eye Base – I thought this would be a gimmick because of the cutesy packaging, but this works wonders under concealers, especially those tricky ones like the Too Faced Born This Way Concealer or KATE Stick Concealer.
• MAC Smokey Mauve Extra Dimension Eye Shadow – got this for my birthday and it’s a great for one shadow look
• ck One Color Powder Eyeshadow in 730 Driven – this is an old favourite. It’s sooty olive-y brown that’s highly pigmented, smooth and long wearing. I found this at Winners years ago and sadly this line is discontinued.
• Tony Moly Eyetone Shimmer Single Shadow in S04 Latte Brown – a great formula and wearable bronzey colour – bought this in January in a Korean beauty haul and costs around $5 only
• Surratt blush in Se Pomponner – from the November Sephora VIB sale haul. It’s scary looking in the pan (hot pink!) but it blends out so it looks seamless with the skin – this is lovely for winter months.
• Clinique Heather Pop Cheek Pop Blush – also from the same Sephora haul as the Surratt blush but it is the polar opposite of the effect: this is very subtle cool pink shade that’s very easy to wear. This lasts really well on the skin.
• Kiko Shade Fusion Trio Blush in 05 Marsala – review here. I actually wore this for Christmas Day. 🙂
• Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick – this is a classic product that I’ve enjoyed for ages. It is a balmy lipstick formula that provides a wearable plummy hue to my lips. I’ve been wearing this quite a bit in December and also wore this on Christmas Day!
• MUJI Lip Liner in Rose – I’ve been using this a lot as my “lip cheat” to even out my lips – it’s the perfect MLBB shade and the creamy wears well.
• Chulip Tinted Lip Balm in Sweet Pink – this was part of my Japanese trip makeup haul, review to come!
• Bésame Boudoir Long Hair Finishing Powder Brush – review coming up soon!
• Clean Sweep Makeup Brush Pad (aka Color Switch dupe) – this is a good in-between dry cleaner for brushes that you use often. I bought this in November and have been using it almost daily – if you encounter this at your Winners / TJMaxx, grab it!
What products have stood out to you lately? Stayed tuned for my Best of 2016 post, which will be posted in January! 🙂