In honour of today being St. Patrick’s Day, I thought I would showcase some green makeup items in my stash. Let’s use the local dollar store as a gauge for what colour green we’re talking about:
At first glance, I would claim that I do not own very many green makeup items. But I actually do, especially eye shadows.
Here’s a curated selection of some green eye shadows I own:
1) Shiseido eye shadow in “Menthe” from the Limited Edition Eye Color Bar – a sheer minty green
2) Make Up Store Eyedust in Victory – this looked a lot more green in the container but once swatched, it leans quite teal
3 – 4) Coastal Scents Hot Pots eye shadow sampler called “Lakeside Breeze” – I swatched the 2 right hand side shades “Celadon Green” (top) and “Balsam” (bottom)
5) Artdeco Khaki Green 254 – I bought this in Germany, it’s a very greyed sage green shade
6 – 7) Cargo Eye Shadow Duo in Oregon – sage green and golden olive shades
8) The Body Shop Eye Colour in 43 Velvet Green – a forest green
9) Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR wear Kaki 05 – this came in a set or else I probably wouldn’t have picked this shade up specifically but it’s a gorgeous olive green
Most of my green eye shadows lean more grey and brown, which makes them a lot more wearable. I especially enjoy using a deep sage colour to smoke out a nude eye look.
In contrast I own only a few green nail polishes:
• Illamasqua Nomad – a jade shade
• China Glaze Starboard – leaf green (and most true to the St. Patty’s day green)
• Illamasqua Rampage -deep vampy hunter green
• China Glaze Agro – a shimmery olive
Unfortunately, I have no green blushes or lip products to share! Do you own any green coloured makeup?
Having lived briefly in Dublin Ireland, I can assure you that this indeed is true: