Today is another coordinated Blogmas post where we’re pulling items from our makeup collections to create a snowy makeup look.
To me, a snow themed makeup means 2 things: white and sparkly!
I rarely wear white eye shadows but I love how it looks on other people, when coupled with a thicker black liquid liner and a bit of shading in the crease.
• Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR wear White Glitter 32
• Cargo Button eye shadow 1 from Catwalk palette
• Annabelle Mineral Pigment Dust in Prism (a gorgeous duochrome with a pink to blue sheen – looks gorgeous over black too)
• MAC eye shadow in Copperplate (matte taupey grey to contour)
• Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner in Black
To achieve a glowy complexion, mix a touch of liquid highlight (MAC Strobe cream is a good option) with your foundation. Or, if you’re like me and don’t have any liquid highlighter, use a cream highlight like Benefit’s Watts Up dotted around the face and blend your foundation with it. Finish off the face with a dusting of Guerlain Meteorites.
• Lise Watier HydraSmart 3D Hydration Tinted Veil in Teint Claire (this normally blends into my skin so I applied 3 layers here to show it)
• Benefit Watt’s Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter (gwp size)
• Guerlain Perles D’Azur Meteorites by Emilio Pucci (this is the most sparkly of the ones I own.. just humour me and pretend that you see the swatch ok?)
Since the eyes are quite light and simple, it’s a good opportunity to add a pop of colour to the cheeks and lips. Add a pink flush to the cheeks and then highlight with a blue toned sheen. The lips are easy with bright tinted lip balm with a blue sheen as well.
(oops, as pointed out by Ingrid, I mislabeled my photo! The one on the left is Anna Sui and the middle one is the MAC. :P)
• Anna Sui Rose Cheek Color N in 100 Mystic Rose (blue highlighter!)
• MAC Mineralize Blush in Supernova from Heavenly Creature collection
• Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop (this is a gorgeous fuchsia with a blue shimmer)
To complete the snowy look, use Illamasqua Blizzard or Essie Peak of Chic on the nails:
Voila, you’re a snow angel!
How would you create a snowy makeup look?