You may recall that last year I did an epic makeup purge! And earlier this year I posted a base makeup and a lip product purge – the common theme on those 2 product categories is that they’re liquid items, with typically shorter lifespan than powders. Today I have a mixture of various product categories including eye, lip, and skincare products – many of which are also liquid or gel formulas.
The reason why these are in a separate purge post rather than included in my Trash Stash is because none of these items are finished / empty. Some items I loved but are too old to use anymore. Sadly, the majority of them will go into the garbage!
• Beyond Belief ABH Exfoliating Scrub – I used to love this skincare line from Sally Beauty Supply but then they reformulated the line and it now sucks. This scrub doesn’t contain many beads, and it turns out the beads are polyethylene (aka microbeads). So I’m tossing this rather than having them go into water system.
• NeoStrata Invigorating Solution – I received this full size item for free as a gift with purchase. They’re pre-soaked pads like Stridex and are basically 100% alcohol – it stings my skin. I ended using this to clean my underarms but it’s even too harsh for that. And I noticed that it’s now discontinued, rightfully so.
• Eucerin Aquaphor – I did really like this for my lips as an overnight treatment, but ever since I discovered the C.O. Bigelow Supreme Shine 2X lip balm, I haven’t touched this.
• Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (above) – this smells disgusting. But, I do have to admit that it does sooth and protect skin very well in the winter months. I might consider getting the fragrance-free version, one of these days.
• Lucas’ Papaw Ointment – an Australian coworker brought this back for me since it’s a cult beauty product. I didn’t find it to be a miracle product.
• Nip + Fab Lip + Nip Fix – this is touted as an all purpose balm (for lips and nipples!) and I found it was just ok. I think this contains mostly lanolin, which I might be sensitive to. This product looks to be discontinued also.
• Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 in Coconut (above) – this expired in 2014! I did used to like these lip balms once upon a time but now I find them a little too greasy. Also, SPF of 4 is laughable.
Unlike lip products, I have a much stronger attachment to these eye products. Some are favourites of mine but they are just so old – I know for a fact that the MAC Fluidline in Ostentatious came out in October 2006 as part of the Rockocco collection! 😮
Gel liners: I love the idea of gel liners but in reality, I use pen type liner much more regularly since I don’t need to use a separate brush. (coughlazycough)
• Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner in White Daisy – I got it in my head that I’d use this as a base to do colourful liners by putting pops of colour eye shadows on top. Never did it!
• Sedona Lace Eyeliner Gel in Rumor
• Kate Gel Eye Liner in BR-1
• Essence Gel Eyeliner in 02 London Baby – Essence gel liners are amazing. Even more amazing is how inexpensive they are.
• MAC Fluidline in Ostentatious (above)- this is actually still fresh, amazingly. But it’s nearly 10 years old! I absolutely adore this colour and formula – it’s a taupe colour with blue / green shimmer!!! 😮 I may have used 15% of the pot. *sigh* It will live on in whatever Back to MAC item this will go toward.
• Physicians Formula Shimmer StripsCustom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner – these are part of 3 full stacks in various colours. They’re just not colours I use often (black, blue & purple).
I’ve kept only 2 brown colours for my stash. These are really good gel liners, by the way.
• Milani Shadow Eyez in 09 Cafe au Lait – I still remember buying this in Halifax at Lawtons. Sadly, this creases on me.
• Essence Bloom Me Up! Duo Eye Pencil – these are meant to be brow bone and inner eye highlights but the texture is too dry for the eye area
• Stila Smudge Pot in Jade
• Bourjois Survoltee Waterproof Eyeshadow in Parme Électro
• Sephora Jumbo Liner 12hr Wear in #32 White Glitter – this was part of a set, there are always 1 or 2 shades that no one wants and this is one of those
• MAC Paints in Magrittes – I can’t believe this has finally dried out. RIP, I will miss you (swatch of this and my other Paints / Paint Pots here)
• Almay Bright Eyes Color Cream Shadow in Golden Gleam – I love these cream eye shadows and of course they’re discontinued. This has dried out but I still have 2 other ones which are still going strong.
• CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast in 815 Brown Bling – loved this but it’s getting old (also discontinued)
• TIGI Longwearing Creme Eyeshadow in Brown Sugar – love LOVE this but it’s drying out
• Mary Kay Eye Primer – this didn’t work to me to prevent eye shadows from creasing
• Milani Eyeshadow Primer – also didn’t work for me
• Bourjois Queen Attitude Khol Kajal – too smudgy for me
• Sephora Liner Electro in 09 Electro Choc – this has no staying power
• Mary Kay Luxury Liner in Classic Sable – loved this colour but the formula was too watery
• Senna Cosmetics Linear Eye Liner in Smoke
• Maybelline MasterDrama in Coal Commander – this is actually nearly finished, I really like these pencils but I prefer the taupe colour more
• Prestige Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner in 14 Sepia – I found this to tug at the skin
• Hard Candy Concealer Pencil in Medium – not an eyeliner but whatever. This didn’t match me and wasn’t that good.
• Jordane Cosmetics Browliner in Earth Brown – this came out of a friend’s makeup kit from her esthetician course. It was my first ever brow product. Basically my friend pinned me down and drew brows on me because I’d never filled in my brows before (and I have sparse brows). I really liked this pencil – it’s not waxy and the colour is the perfect match. It’s dried out now and I’ve moved onto the Shu Uemura pencils. But this will always have a special place in my heart!
• Quo BFF Super Shaper Eye Wand in Denyse and Trina – this is super old. The eye shadow (Denyse) was quite nice but the liner end (Trina) was useless. And omg the names of the shades! 😆
• Make Up For Ever pencil in No 0 white – this thing is ancient. And look at how long the pencil is still. I keep getting it in my head that I’d line my inner lash line for that “awake look” but I never do. I still have a few white liners in my stash.
• CoverGirl LiquilineBlast (above) – once this sets, it does NOT budge. Too bad it dried out in the casing though.
• Palladio Shadow & Liner Herbal Pencil in Raspberry (above) – this is dried out completely, the lead inside has shriveled up and is loose in the wood casing. I pulled out the lead slightly in the picture. 😛
Lip & Cheek Products
• Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in 06 Magnificent Mauve – this was a gwp item. I used up the mascara end but never used the gloss. It’s way too shimmery / frosty for my liking.
• Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss in Nude – bought this due to hype and the funny name. This so goopy and sticky. And the pungent sugary chocolate smell is gag-inducing.
• Rimmel Apocolips in 101 Celestial – I really liked these liquid lipsticks, unfortunately, it has turned bad.
• MAC Lipgelée in Moistly – while I detest MAC’s Lipglass, I love their Lipgelées. And of course, they’re discontinued! This tube is So. Old. The vanilla scent has disappeared although it doesn’t smell bad. MAC needs to bring Lipgelées back permanently!
• MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special – I’ve had this for 4 years and its texture is too dry to apply onto my face now. It’s going Back to MAC (and I now have enough empties for 2 B2M items – woot!)
And LASTLY, a very special mention:
• Mirabella Outshine lip gloss in Illusion – this was one of my PUFU (Project Use it the F*%@ Up!) items but I ended up neglecting it again. This is probably my favourite gloss formula but this tube is just too old (more than 5 yrs 😮 ).
The last measurement of this was 2.60cm and now it’s at 3.20cm from the top. Goodbye, old friend. ❤
Getting rid of old makeup is bittersweet! While some items I didn’t much care for, many were great favourites that I wished I had paid more attention to so that I could have used them up completely. I hope that one day I’ll get my collection down to a manageable size so that I’m able to do that. Do you need to do a beauty declutter? 😉
Set your alarms!
The MyLipAddiction.com Beauty Podcast will be airing a new episode tonight at 7pm (EDT) featuring none other than Miss HippyLip. 😀 I’ve created a new category on my sidebar to display all the links to the MyLipAddiction.com Beauty Podcasts so you can listen any time! 🙂