I’ve never done a MOTD post on the blog since I don’t actually post my face, it makes it somewhat challenging. But through the magic of product photos, swatches, illustration, and imagination – I think I can pull this off. 😛
This is the makeup that I wore on Wednesday. It was a day of meetings for me, so I have to look as “polished” as possible since it’s a lot of face time with both internal and external people. Wednesdays are not my favourite days of the week – hump day indeed!
I’ll list the makeup in the order in which I apply them:
• Vasanti Silky Eye Shadow Duo in Mount Olympus
• Vasanti Micronized Silky Eyeshadow Singles in Brasilia and Vail
• Kiss Me Heroine Make eyeliner in black
• Revlon Volume + Length Magnified mascara
• Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream pencil in Taupe Takeover
• Shu Uemura brow:sword in Acorn (review here)
The Vasanti eye shadows are ones that I really enjoy but seem to neglect. I used the duo on the lid and blended up, with Brasilia smudged along my lash line, and the Vail as my transitional shade. I used the Maybelline taupe liner on my lower lash line. I’ll be doing a review on the Revlon mascara soon.
• Illamasqua Skin Base in 6.5 and 7.5
• Mary Kay Undereye Corrector
• Too Faced Born This Way concealer in Light (review here)
• LA Colors Pressed Powder in Beige (rave here)
I mix the 2 shades of the Illamasqua foundation for my summer colour (2 parts 6.5 and 1 part 7.5) – in the winter I only need 6.5. This is a fantastic foundation with high pigment and the finish is natural as long as you use a Beauty Blender type sponge. And a tiny amount of product, like 2 pea sized dots, is all that’s required. And, I’ve found a good corrector that works underneath the TF concealer! Review to come.
Cheeks & Lips:
• Annabelle Blush-On in Spring Petal
• Annabelle TwistUp Retractable Lipstick in Divine
The blush is a natural peachy pink shade that has a bit of a golden sheen but not obvious shimmer – it lasts really well on my face too. And the lipstick is so easy to apply and the colour is like a fresher take on a MLBB shade – warmer and brighter. It’s the kind of colour that brings life to the face.
The finished look:
What do you think? Should I continue doing MOTD posts? I change up my makeup all the time in an attempt to spread the love in my stash. Although, I can’t guarantee that the finished looks are going to appear all that different since my staples are taupe eye shadows, rosy blushes and MLBB lippies. 😉