It’s the start of May and normally I should have my Trash Stash up but I’m a bit delayed as this weekend was spent celebrating my SO’s birthday. So here’s my Sephora VIB Sale haul instead. 😉
As I anticipated, I didn’t haul very much for the Sephora VIB sale this time around and pretty much stuck to my shopping list.
• Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla –
I noticed that it appears Sephora Canada no longer stocks the grapefruit or coconut scents! I have them on my “loves” list but now they state “this item does not ship to Canada”. So my only scent option is Vanilla. I also noticed that this item sold out by around day 4 of the sale – thank goodness I grabbed it on day one.
• Farmacy New Day Gentle Exfoliating Grains –
Replenish my recently finished sample of this (foreshadowing for my upcoming Trash Stash post! 😉 )
• Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm –
This is already in use and in my purse. 😀
• Sephora Collection Face Mask in Green Tea and Rose –
$8 each $6.63 each
I said I’d 100% buy both of these and I did!
• Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip –
Yup, I did it. This was on my 50% likelihood I’ll buy list but with so many comments encouraging me to get it (some of the comments were in my head, to be sure) I decided to grab this and I’m so glad I did. What an amazing set. 😀
The set contains:
• Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Lipstick in Queen B 2.3 mL (mini)
• Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian 1.55g (mini)
• Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème in #246 Slow Burn 1.7g (mini)
• Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb 1.55g (mini)
• Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 1993 Comfort Matte 3.4g (full size)
• Estée Edit The Barest Contour lip Liner in #05 In The Buff 0.25g (full size)
I really wasn’t paying close enough attention to what this set actually contains, because I didn’t realize it contain not one, but TWO items that had been on my wish list. As pointed out by Molly of The Rose Beauty Files, it contains Buxom White Russian, which I’ve wanted to try for ages. But, it also contains the UD Vice in 1993, which Robyn of Lipstick on the Lake raves about. Now I have it!
And did you see, there’s a new Give Me Some Nude Lip set out?
It only came out after the VIB Sale, and does include a few items I’ve been wanting to try, but I prefer the set I got (which is still available).
These few items weren’t on my shopping list but you know how it goes…
• Anastasia Beverly Hills Empty 4 Well Refillable Eye Palette x2 – $1 each
I mentioned that I really like the empty palettes in my review of the Anastasia Beverly Hills eye shadows. And with the VIB sale discount, these were $0.85 each! 😮
• Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadows in Hollywood Calling, Pop Idol, and June Gloom –
$7 each $5.80 each
I always like to check the sale section online before I check out and I saw that Sephora is clearing out a lot of colours of their eye shadows. You’ve seen me haul these before – I guess they’re a weakness of mine. I already own a bunch of these and I find the quality is quite good. I’ve been eyeing both Hollywood Calling and Pop Idol for a while – and I just liked the name June Gloom. 😛
And, I did offer my discount to my friends and ended up placing 4 separate orders online, so I got quite a few samples:
• Living Proof Perfect hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner
• Kate Somerville Dry Skin Saver
• Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
• Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
• Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
• Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
• Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
• L’Occitane Precious Cream
• Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
• Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
• Guerlain Mon Guerlain perfume
• Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau de Toilette
Here are the items I purchased on behalf of my friends, if you’re curious:
• Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser x2
• bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
• Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
• Beauty Blender
• Bobbi Brown Blush Brush
And, I actually braved a Sephora store on the first day of the sale to pick up my free tote. I went just before lunch and was surprised to see that the store wasn’t too busy. And even more amazed, this year’s tote is so nice – it’s made of actual cloth fabric instead of the plastic canvas of previous years.
It’s a messenger style tote which is surprisingly roomy with a sturdy wide strap.
My total damage came to C$149 without the discount, and with the 15% off, it was C$126.65. Plus, I used Ebates which dropped their discount to a measly 2.5% (normally it’s 8%), so I got another $3.17 back, bringing my total to $123.48. 🙂
Have you tried any of the items I got? Did you pick up anything from the Sephora sale?