This is the first month that I’m back in the black since my overspending back in June. I had $108.32 to spend. And boy, did I spend every single penny!
It’s not much to look at but one of those items accounted for 80% of the total. And oh yea, I overspent. Again. Just a tiny bit. 😛
Here’s where my money went this month:
• Trish McEvoy Petite Kabuki Brush
• Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer C$88
Read about my haul here. I’m not sorry I got these! 😛 I’ve tried the concealer a couple of times and it’s just terrific. Really terrific. Everyone says it’s terrific and IT’S GOING TO MAKE CONCEALING GREAT AGAIN. Ahh this election is getting to me. 😛
• Trip the Light Fantastic Powder in Highly Illogical
I only bought this because I found a gift card from Hudson’s Bay in a pile of old mail / papers. I used to be terrible at keeping track of and spending gift cards. In this pile of mail, I came across a thank you note from an old colleague of mine. She was thanking me for hauling a bunch of clothes and shoes from a Hong Kong trip for her kids (I got her some awesome deals, I can haggle like you can’t believe) five years ago. So to thank me, she gave me a $50 gift card. 😀 So it went to a good cause:
I saw this collection swatched on a few blogs (especially here, here and here) and every time, these Trip the Light Fantastic Powders were drawing me in… this particular shade is a bronzey plum colour that’s pretty unique to my collection. My sister, who is the real Trekkie, would be proud. 😉 (this was C$39.50 but not counted toward my accountability total since I used a gift card)
• CoverGirl Katy Kat Eye Mascara
I bought this due to curiosity and a recommendation from Grieta of TO Beauty ‘n Beyond. But then I just read from Pretty Ruff Life (formerly known as ClassicMaggic!) that she hated the clumpy formula. I shall have to test it for myself!
• Valcena Multi Active Régénérative Night Cream – I forgot to mention this last month actually. I went looking for this after reading a glowing review on it on fivezero’s blog. I found it at a newly opened Winners location, and then I proceeded to clear them out of their entire stock of this item. I’m keeping 1 jar and the rest are going to fivezero! 😉
• Valcena Roller Glacé Eye Contour Cream – this could possibly be a rollerball eye cream. I have a thing for rollerball eye products. I love how all of the Valcena products are shrink wrapped and display the expiry dates too. Both the night cream and this expire in 2019!
Bourjois Glamour Chic and Glamour Fantasy eau de parfum
These were $15 each and I was curious about them since I’d bought another Bourjois perfume before (Soir de Paris) and I found the quality to be surprisingly good. Out of these 2, I prefer the Chic one better – it’s a powdery smell that’s vanilla-y and warm. Glamour Fantasy has notes of sour cherry, raspberry and patchouli – what was I thinking? I kind of wished I’d picked up the “Lovely” version which is primarily a rose scent. The bottles are so cute.
As soon as October 1st rolled around, I had my makeup budget burning a hole in my pocket, I ran out to my favourite nail polish supply place to scoop up some of the Essie Fall Tokyo collection (plus a couple of others):
• Playing Koi (this was my #1 pick from the collection!)
• Now and Zen (I’m kind of thinking this might be a cousin of Maximillian-Strasse-Her?)
• Go Go Geisha (yes, another grey… I can’t seem to get enough)
• Udon Know Me (I got this for the name!)
• Aim to Misbehave (this shade is so ugly, it’s pretty – it’s also Essie’s 1000th shade so I had to get it from the clearance bin)
• Passport to Happiness (Bridal 2016 collection – found this in the clearance bin – fivezero reviewed this here)
Somehow my bill for the 6 polishes rang up to only $23.94 which means I got these for $3.99 each! 😀
And the grand total for makeup purchases in October is… $111.91. I went over by $3.62. 😛 That Clé de Peau Concealer really did me in. For November, I had allocated $200 to accommodate the Sephora VIB sale, and now deducting the overspending I have $196.38 to spend. As this post is going up, I’m already knee deep in my Sephora VIB shopping… 😆 I’m going to call it now: November Accountability will be a gong show. I mean, I haven’t even factored in Black Friday!!! 😮
How has your spending been lately? Are you looking forward to Black Friday?