I started this tradition last year and I’ll continue as long as I keep up with my empties. This is what 12 months’ worth of empties looks like:
😮 And since I have last year’s Trash Stash stats, I can also do some year over year comparisons!
This post took a lot of time to put together – but I’m not complaining here. The nerd in me relishes in compiling all of the stats on a spreadsheet:
😛 I should note that there were 2 months that I skipped this year due to vacation (May and September), so those empties were grouped into the following months – this skewed the monthly totals slightly. So for those combined months, I just divided them in half to arrive at monthly averages.
Stats of my 2016 Trash Stash:
• I finished 280 products, of which 66 were sample sized, and 214 were full sized. This is an improvement of 62% over 2015 when I finished 173 items! 😀
• On average, I finished 23.3 products per month (sample and full sized)
• The average rating I gave to all the products was 7.8 out of 10, which is exactly the same as my 2015 rating! 😮
• Skincare again was the main product type I finished up (45%) then body / hair products (30%) and then makeup (25%). The breakdown of these items shifted from 2015 – makeup increased and body / hair decreased.
• Mascaras make up the bulk of my makeup empties: I tossed out 30 mascaras, mascara base, mascara top coats in 2016!
• I stated that I would repurchase 47% or what I used up, with 36% that I would not. I said “maybe” to 17% of the products.
• I only gave one product a 1/10 rating and that honour goes to Mary Kay Lash Primer. It uncurled my lashes and I used it once and tossed it! On the other hand, I gave 38 products a 10/10 rating!
If you’ve missed any of my Trash Stash posts from 2016, here they all are:
Let’s see if I can hit 365 empties for 2017 – literally one empty product per day. Do you think that’s doable? 😆