I’ve been procrastinating on finishing off this entry since it will be my closure post. But, enough delay – it has to be done. This is going to be a rather self-indulgent post…
Initially I wasn’t planning on doing a post like this to conclude the blog, but your comments when I made my announcement mentioned that I should be proud of my achievements. And you know what? I am proud of what I’ve created! Let’s celebrate it. ⭐
I started this blog back in 2015 with one objective. I had a lot of makeup and I needed to stop buying more, use up what I got, and get rid of a bunch. Thus started the No-Buy, Trash Stash, and Purge posts. I didn’t have a game plan beyond that, but that was half the fun of blogging – anything goes! 😉
In terms of specific posts that gained the highest page views over all the years, these were the tops.
Top 3 Posts of All Time
#1 Transition Eye Shadow Shades
Every year, this post outranks all other posts I’ve ever written on the blog. Go figure! I’d always intended to post an update to this with better photos and updated shades but never did get around to it.
#2 Where Was it Made?
This is one of my personal favourite posts that I ever posted. I’m so happy that it is also popular – sometimes those two things aren’t mutual.
#3 My Cosmetics Inventory Spreadsheet
This isn’t so much a “pretty” post but a useful one. I hope out there, there are loads of people using this spreadsheet to track their makeup inventory – that thought brings a smile to my face! 🙂
In looking at these top posts, I’m keenly aware that my most popular ones were created in the early days. Yes, I understand that they accumulate more views since they’ve been around longer but I also personally feel these posts truly capture the essence of what my blog is about.
Notwithstanding post popularity, I do have some personal favourite posts (aside from the “Where was it made?” post mentioned above) that I’d like to highlight from each year (I went through all 616 of my published posts to narrow down to these).
Favourite Posts Through the Years
• Inconsistent Products
• Chit Chat: Returning Makeup (I have some remorse that I didn’t post more Chit Chat posts – I did recently post one on Blogging Do’s and Don’ts, which proved to be a hot button topic! In my draft folder, I still have 8 Chit Chat topics that will remain unseen)
• MegaPost: Illamasqua Nail Polish Collection
• Grading My Friends’ Skincare Routine (and the subsequent Grade MY Skincare Routine, and Grading My Friends’ Skincare Routine #2)
• Christmas Traditions (this is the most personal post I’ve made on the blog so if you wanted to know more about my childhood, have a read)
• JAPAN!!! (featuring Japanese Makeup Haul, Japanese Food and Culture, and Japanese Shopping Experiences – looking back, I’m so happy I had this blog when I took my first trip to Japan to share my experiences with you, and to have a record of it for myself)
• Nordstrom Toronto Beauty Department
• Happiness Highlights (huge thanks to Chanelle for inspiring this – too bad I didn’t maintain it like she does)
• Nars Kabuki Ita Brush and AliExpress Dupe
• Becca Ombre Rouge Eye Palette (so much snark in this post!)
• MegaPost: Custom Palettes (I wish I had done more MegaPosts on the blog – they were so much work but so satisfying)
• BITE Lip Lab Bespoke Lipstick Party (more than simply the lipsticks created, it was the time spent with the amazing bloggers that makes this noteworthy 💕)
• Cushion Foundation Rant (I firmly believe that I’m at my best when I’m disgruntled)
• Beauty Reviewing Guide
• 30 Day Masking Challenge
• Affordable Drugstore Nude Palettes
I feel these posts were me at my best, and I remember having a lot of passion writing them, and a ton of fun interacting with you in the comments. 😀
Although not part of the blog itself, I couldn’t not mention this extension to the blog. The Beauty Podcast is the amazing brainchild of Cat of My Lip Addiction. If you had told me back in 2015 that I’d be recording podcasts, I would have laughed in your face! But Cat is very persuasive and helped me go outside of my comfort zone. I was guest #2 on her podcast and returned on episode 13 where Cat proposed the idea of me co-hosting. I said yes, and the rest is history. Huge thanks to Cat for being the conduit to this creative outlet! ❤ Thanks to the guests for subjecting yourselves to us, and especially thank you to all the listeners! There wasn’t an official announcement made, but it is confirmed that the Beauty Podcast is now concluded. If you haven’t listened to them, all of the episodes will be kept up on iTunes, Google Play, Buzzsprout, and Stitcher for you to enjoy. 🙂
I participated in blogging collabs with wonderful fellow bloggers:
• Blogmas with Ingrid of Curly Spring Blossom, Kaily of Hello Kaily, and Sharon of Hey Sharonoox [back when she used to be called Sharon Beauty Prime 😉]
• Project Focus 10 with Ingrid of Curly Spring Blossom, Jodi of A Brash Attitude, and Joy of Styled With Joy [who sadly, no longer blogs]
• Project Pan 12 with Ingrid of Curly Spring Blossom, and Jodi of A Brash Attitude
• Swaps especially with DanniiJane for Valentine’s Day, and with Joyce for our birthdays
• $20 Makeup Challenge with MyStyleInsideOut
• Guest post: Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette with Joyce of Local Girl Foreign Land, and my post over at her blog, about my visit to Ephesus, Turkey
They say that blogging is a solo activity but most of my fondest memories are when I’m participating in a collaboration with another blogger or a group. Which leads me to…
Most important blogging highlight is YOU!
Allow me to be full of fromage for a bit. 🧀 When I started this blog, I didn’t think many people would read it. I wrote it for myself and a few of my real life friends who encouraged me to start a beauty blog. I know there are a ton of beauty blogs out there and there was absolutely no expectation that mine would get noticed at all. But it’s so amazing to be part of this community and meeting all of YOU. Your presence on the blog has made this experience so engaging and unforgettable. So YOU are my top blogging highlight! 😍
Aww, reminiscing can be a bit sad! But I’m also happy that we were able to share all of this together. 😘 It has been a thrilling ride and I thank you for coming along. I’ll be seeing you around!
I don’t want to make this all about me so I’ll flip this around: I’d love to know what your favourite posts from your own blog are! If you’re so inclined to sift through your posts, link me to some of your favourite blog entries. I’d love to read them, if I haven’t already! ❤