This online order was actually my first official makeup purchase of 2016! Since most stores were closed on New Year’s Day I decided to place an online order to commemorate the occasion. However, with our Canadian dollar being so crappy, I was somewhat selective in what I was willing to pay. So I decided to place an order from a Canadian discount makeup site: SaleEvent.ca They sell mostly drugstore brands like Revlon, CoverGirl, Maybelline and some higher end brands like OPI and RoC – all at discounted prices, and many of the items are discontinued colours. Back in October, fivezero made a purchase from the site and I went to bookmark the site for future reference, only to discover that I already had it bookmarked – duh! 😛 I’ve never ordered from them before until now:
I ordered it on January 1st and it arrived on January 5th – pretty impressive turnaround time. And that Revlon nail file was a freebie they included.
Here’s what I got:
• OPI Nail Laquer: First Date at the Golden Gate – $5
• Revlon Chroma Chameleon Nail Enamel: Pink Quartz – $3
• Revlon Nail Enamel: Sophisticated 905 – $2
• Revlon Nail Enamel: Ethereal 008 – $2
• Revlon Nail Enamel: Revlon Red 680 – $2
• Revlon Nail Enamel: Valentine 730 – $2
The regular Revlons were buy 3 or more for $2 each (otherwise they were $3 each) I was rather disappointed by Ethereal – based on online searches, it’s supposed to have a pearlescence to it but all I see is a sheer white cream.
• Revlon Nail Enamel: Holograhpic Pearls 765 – $3
• Revlon Nail Enamel: Matte Pearl Glaze 785 – $3
These are from the Transforming Effects™ collection – they’d make pretty toppers.
• Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss Forever Frosted 115 – $3
• Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss Midnight Magic 320 – $3
I have no clue why I bought these, to be honest.
• Revlon PhotoReady Concealer: 003 Light Medium – $5
• Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Single: 180S Silken Taupe – $3
I was VERY pleased to have found the Revlon PhotoReady concealer at such a low price (normally $15). It was on my Top 15 of 2015, and I’m running out of it. I have a few Maybelline singles from this range and they’re superb quality for the price.
• Revlon Outrageous 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner Volumizing for Fine-Limp Hair 400 ml – $5
• Maybelline New York Baby Lips DrRescue Medicated Balm – 60 Berry Soft – $3
• Maybelline Face Studio Master Hi-Light Blush 30 Coral – $5
I opened the Revlon shampoo to smell it and it totally brought me back! I used to use this back in the day – the smell lingers all day in the hair too. I really wanted just the shampoo, not the 2 in 1 but it was out of stock.
Total: $51 for 15 items. Shipping is free with $49 purchase but I was so stumped as to what to order after I’d reached around the $30 mark – I honestly spent hours looking through the site trying to find stuff to buy. I was bummed that they no longer carried the Maybelline Dream Matte powders – I saw them last time I was on the site when fivezero posted her haul. Ah well – that’s the challenge with these discount type stores, once the products sell out, they’re gone. Also, there was a 50 nail polish for $50 mystery grab bag offer before – I had stated that I would buy that if they had it – but alas, it’s no longer available!
Have you tried any of these products? Do you ever buy beauty products from discount sources?